Why Do Republicans Oppose Updating the Voting Rights Act?

Numbers are known to have a liberal bias.

Again, data and numbers clearly have a liberal bias.

Too predictable.

Most states do not have Mail in ballot options.

I do not believe the claim is people are not allowed to vote.

The claim is some states, make it more difficult to vote, which sometimes effect people of color. But the goal by these states, seems to simply make it harder for everyone to vote. Another group that is effected is those that earn less.

Both tend to vote for Democrats. Probably just a coincidence.

Well they need to fix that immediately and if that is what you are referring to I agree because that really helped me not having to either take an extended lunch break or fight traffic even more after work to get to the voting booth.

1 Like

Like I said in the above post I agree with you if that mail in ballots should be available to all states. Past that I need more than platitudes in describing “seems to simply make it harder for everyone to vote” that doesn’t effect all people equally.

The VRA makes voting easier, that repubs opposed it means they want to make voting harder.

It’s not disproportional to their voting habits, so yes. Do dems brag about how they have the black vote locked up?

Fine with it? What difference does that make? Sure I’m fine with it since it isn’t racial and it’s in my best interest.

Nobody is being denied their right to vote, so no legislation is needed and your thread premise if false.

How does this affect black people who vote republican?

So what? Your “progressive tax” system affects me more.

Good for you.

The discrimination against African-Americans in voting that you continue to insist does not exist has been well documented in earlier posts.

The revised VRA doers not consider party affiliation, but opposition to it is a major example of why African-American voters vote overwhelmingly Democratic.

Probably the poster should have said “make it easier for all those who can vote to actually vote”.

GOP in the past has usually done things like get rid of early voting, reducing the numbers of polling places, etc

Now in PA this year they actually did pass voting reforms that the Dem governor signed that will make it easier to vote. But each side got something out of that reform package.

You don’t care?

It’s not because they are black, lib.

:rofl::rofl: of course it does. By the people who push it. If black people voted Republican you think dems would be pushing it? Are they pushing for Asians?

Chicken or egg?

They’re adopting the phony liberal arguments.

You are asking for evidence that something doesn’t exist.

The burden of proof is on the one who asserts it DOES exist, and you have repeatedly been asked for that.

1 Like

Well of course it is. But then every thread necessarily has to be about everything if we’re going to adopt that approach.

This thread is about the lie that voting rights for US citizens are being denied. Don’t let them derail it with guns (or abortion or budget deficits or whatever other rathole someone wants to use as deflection from the issue at hand.)

So you want to make voting harder, got it.

Another pea in the pod of people making unsubstantiated assertions.

1 Like