Why Do Feminists Hate Fairy Tales and Classic Disney Films?

They’re taking the fun out of everything and take things way too seriously.

They’re now whining about films like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs because the prince kissed her without her consent.

THESE ARE WORKS OF FICTION!!!

2 Likes

Because they’re bored, wealthy women with nothing better to kvetch about?

Probably the same people or similar to the ones who paused the Lion King and went frame by frame to expose the word “sex” hidden in the animation, something absolutely noone noticed watching the film at normal speed. It’s almost like these people have nothing better to do with their time or something.

1 Like

Is that what it’s about?? I saw a headline but didn’t read the linked article.

I guess the moral of the story is “let the wench stay dead”.

Seriously, how dumb can liberals get??

1 Like

My kids saw Song of the South and the Censored Eleven (in uncensored form I might add). They even saw original Tom and Jerry shorts with Mammy Two Shoes with her original voice. :smile:

But then again, my kids have the ability to distinguish watching stuff with dated stereotypes from actually further perpetrating those stereotypes. They obviously know better, for example, than to refer to a corpulent black woman as “mammy.” :smile:

We once discussed the term Tar Baby. We came to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the term on its face. But we would refrain from it because, frankly, most people are stupid and stupidly object to a term they have little understanding of.

These movies reflect the culture and mindset of the period when they were made.

It would be more productive to enjoy the movie and point out to your child things that might be a little dated or inappropriate for modern usage.

2 Likes

Sleeping beauty’s is raped when she is put under a sleeping curse has a child before she is woken up

When libs run out of history to revise, they apparently apply their revisionist skills to fairy tails. How else are they going to earn an exalted spot in Libdom?

The 1600s were an odd time in literature…

My girls are 3 and love the Disney princesses, but you’d best believe they know that Moana is a badass, and Snow White is a silly weakling.

Someone has to explain to me how you’re a lousy mom if you tell your daughter that dudes shouldn’t kiss you unless you want them to.

People are entitled not to like fairy tales or classic Disney films.

I don’t understand why anyone should get upset about it.

To each his own.

Except for Fox and the Hound - if you don’t like that, you have no soul. :slight_smile:

I remember not liking Tweetie Bird. That narc. I always rooted for Sylvester.

1 Like

Most of the fairy tales were far darker in their original form. Obviously they were cleaned up for American audiences in the 1800’s and then Disneyfied in the 1900’s.

1 Like

Tell our host. He was awfully agitated that Jamie Lee Curtis uses a gun in the new Halloween film.

It’s all in the lyrics of barbara streisand:

Some day my prince will come
Some day I’ll find my love
And how thrilling that moment will be
When the prince of my dreams comes to me
He’ll whisper, I love you
And steal a kiss or two
Though he’s far away
I’ll find my love some day
Some day when my dreams come true
Some day I’ll find my love
Someone to call my own
And I’ll know her the moment we meet
For my heart will start skipping a beat
Some day we’ll say and do
Things we’ve been longing to
Though he’s far away
I’ll find my love some day
Some day when my dreams come true

Its not revisionist history that is how the story goes in the original German version.

Very Much so Pinocchio Hang himself in the end of his story, Cinderella’s sister cut of their toes and later have their eyes picked out by doves, Snow White the Wicked Witch is forced to dance well wearing Red Hot Iron shoes till shes dies, German Fairy tales are not PG.

1 Like

The context is decisive.

In most cases where there was a flap over the term Tar Baby, the context was innocuous.

Obviously, there may be some limited occasions where the term was used inappropriately, but they fortunately are the small minority.

I don’t think you can speak for every situation.