Why did/does man create religions?

More people are scared of dying in pain (83%) than of being told they are dying (67%), dying alone (62%) or dying in hospital (59%). Despite the economic downturn more people are scared of dying than of going bankrupt (41%) or losing their job (389%). Women are more scared of dying than men.
• The older people get the more likely they are to think that quality of life is more important than the age they live to, with 81% of people aged 65 or over saying this, compared with 58% of people aged 18-24.

Just one study I found

This doesn’t take into account primitive hunter gather psychologies much different than ours today

Nobody is trying to force you into anything. They may have tried to convince you, but force is not on the table and you know it. Your Premise is false.

If you make laws based solely on your religious belifes, you are forcing your religion on people.

Islamic countries still do this today. But not the U.S. Many of these types laws have been repealed in the U.S. And pretty much all of them can be repealed if people decide to do so. For example: Adultery used to be a crime in most places. Now it is considered to be only a marital issue. Do you have any specific examples of how religion is forced on you against your will?

Yes. Which is exactly why the non religious care about religion. Nobody is forcing communism on you. Do you ever talk about communism?

Weve already had this discussion. Read the thread.

Dude. Why so edgy? It’s just a simple question. Simma down. So who is forcing their religion on you? The only people who can force anything on you against your will is the government.

Telling you to read the thread is not being “edgy.” The answer to your question is in the thread. See if you can find it.

1 Like

Rather than offering me a test, (I never take tests) how about referring me to the correct reply? That would be the polite thing to do. Unless you expect me to search 230 replies until I find your hidden explanation. Or you could simply explain who are the big bad bullies forcing their terrible religion on you are. Those are your two options. Accept or decline. Makes no difference to me.

Rathering than offering me options (I don’t take options) how about reading the thread? That would be the intelligent thing to do. Unless you expect me to search 230 replies until I find the answers for you.

I speak from experience and to save you what I was put through: No personal experience is offered. The claim is that religion is being forced upon them by people of religious faith who vote for certain laws/candidates. They didn’t like it when gay marriages were not performed by the courts. They don’t like it that they cannot buy beer on Sundays in some areas. Both are the examples they give of religion being forced upon them.

How about neither one of us searching 230 replies? Fair enough?

So, IN YOUR OWN OPINION. Who is forcing their religion on you? You seem pretty shy about explaining this.

Simma down.

Okay. I’m simma’d. Sooooooooooo. Whos exactly is forcing their religion on you? :woozy_face:

I’m not edgy. You asked a question that’s been thoroughly discussed already. So instead of retyping it, I told you to read the thread.

It’s about a 10 minute read. Read the thread.

It’s about a thirty second reply. Reply to the question. What’s stopping you? If you refuse to explain how any religion is forcing itself on you then we will just have to part ways. I’m okay with that. Buh bye. :wave:t6:

Personal experience was offered. I know gay people. I know people who have been sent off to fight terror. I was alive when gay marriage laws were fought for by RELIGIOUS groups in society. You keep saying “courts” as if judges arent appointees and that religious people through their representatives dont try to influence the courts. Guess who nominates and confirms SCOTUS?

No it isnt. We had a long discussion yesterday. You could have already read the thread by now.