Why did Democrats filibuster to protect Putin's pipeline?

Sure and until the United States can deliver natural gas to Europe, this is all for naught.

There’s always a way my friend…

US sees gas exports to Germany by 2022 – DW – 09/17/2018.

1 Like

Yes i know. That’s why i wrote until it happens.

…but didn’t mention it?

I have in the past on the subject. The tech is years away to deliver meaningful amounts of natural gas to Germany at the same cost as the pipeline

And i did mention it “until it happens” not that it’s impossible.

1 Like

It’s more like America gone if The Democrats get their dictatorship way!

1 Like

Yep. The mid term landslide losses for the dems can’t come quick enough!

1 Like

the senate has prudent rules. the bigger problem is leftist idiots don’t know how to take no for an answer.

the simple answer is don’t scrap you’re existing energy infrastructure until you’ve secured reliable replacement

1 Like

Ummm. …the existence of,that pipeline gives Russia a tool of extortion over Germany…far from setting them free to support Ukraine.

Cloture is part of the filibuster play. I mean…really.
What would cloture even mean without the filibuster?

1 Like

Remember when energy independence was considered a good thing? Must have been back in the ….oh….2020s.

1 Like

Not sure yet, but it most likely has something to do with hunter biden making millions off it.

Needs more board.

But the point is, like an armed robber doesn’t have to pull the trigger to use his gun to rob you, the minority opinion in the Senate doesn’t have to filibuster to use it to get their way. It’s getting really boring hearing this silly semantic argument that they did not filibuster.

Give it up Pig. Without the filibuster tool in place, the Bill would have passed. That is the only fact of pertinence.

1 Like

The thread discussion.

Nope. Couldn’t reach cloture, which flows from filibuster, but is NOT filibuster. Which means that it is incorrect to say Cruz’s Bill was filibustered.

Also, I want to point out again that all Cruz has to do is cross the aisle with a vouple friends to make cloture/filibuster go away

You can’t have it both ways: you can’t complain about cloture/filibuster on one hand, and refuse to do anything about it with the other.

you’re confused, he has the support of 6 democrats. not enough,so no, not one or two

I am talking about the rules change, not the Cruz bill