Who's going to lead us to the end?

What do you believe about the rapture and tribulation?

God is a God of covenants.

The Bible tells the history of the fall of man from his relationship with God to his restoration to that relationship. God made a covenant with Adam and Eve. God’s covenant, God’s rules. That’s how he rolls. Adam and Eve disobeyed God (ate of the forbidden tree) and fell out of their relationship with God.

God’s plan was to send a Savior to restore mankind back to Him. Jesus did not fail in His mission as some men believe and teach.

Paul’s prediction to the Thessalonicans took place on time and exactly as God planned.

The Saints who were alive when the Lord returned were caught up to meet Jesus in the air. They didn’t physically die, they became residents of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ. God’s plan for restoring man in a covenant relationship was complete.

Again. 'YOU HAVE COME TO…"

Hebrews 12:22 "But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant ,

and to the sprinkled blood that speaks more graciously than the blood of Abel. 25 See that you do not refuse him who is speaking. For if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less shall we escape if we reject him who warns from heaven. 26 His voice then shook the earth; but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heaven.” 27 This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of what is shaken, as of what has been made, in order that what cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken , and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe; 29 for our God is a consuming fire.

Did you catch that? “JESUS, THE MEDIATOR OF A NEW COVENANT.”

How much higher do you suppose you can get?

The work is done. The suffering and murder of Jesus, His Apostles and the early Saints is finished…believers are born from above and enjoy the blessings.

The Jews had difficulty understanding Spiritual things. Some of them never got it. Some never will.

John 3:6 “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born anew.’ 8 The wind blows where it wills, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know whence it comes or whither it goes; so it is with every one who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicode’mus said to him, “How can this be?” 10 Jesus answered him, "Are you a teacher of Israel, and yet you do not understand this? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen; but you do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

When did the Lord return? What about the people here on Earth today?

It is rubbish. People believe that the anti-Christ would not be smart enough to fool them. Pretty arrogant thinking.

We are definitely not the center of the biblical world, and may not have any part in the end. But, the Anti-Christ will be Jewish AND he will fool most.

Some folks believe that Revelation 8:13 refers to The United States and its satellite technology. A broadcast.

Never heard of that interpretation. I tend to think there won’t be any technology working by the time that message is given though…

I’ve heard and read dozens of interpretations, even bought a couple of books by “scholars” on the matter, had some as Christmas gifts, etc… Everything from literal horse-sized locusts to apache pilots. Books are still printed every year proving that the End is just around the corner.

I was fascinated by that book as a kid. I’m ashamed to think of how much time and energy I put into it when I could’ve been concentrating on Christ’s teachings the whole time instead. His own words and actions make up such a small part of the Testament, yet I could spend more than my own lifetime unpacking and meditating over them.

1 Like

Eschatology, and specifically SDA eschatology is what got my interest about 20 years ago. I studied it, and other views for quite awhile. I still find it interesting, and regardless of which belief ultimately prove to be true, most Christians believe in a literal return of Christ. I don’t see how our society could get more apathetic and outright Godless than it is now, which is a big reason I believe it is close. Now, with my eternity secure, I don’t focus on it. It will happen in my lifetime, or not. I hope it does, but only God knows the exact time.

Man, don’t say that, someone is gonna ask you to hold their beer. lol

I didn’t understand the last part. You don’t focus on your eternity because it’s already secure? Or as in not concerned with the End happening while you’re alive because of your eternity?

I was ultimately drawn to Christianity a little over 20 years ago by the eschatology of the SDA Church. They are historicists, meaning they don’t believe prophetic events stopped with the crucifixion of Jesus and that are waiting to begin again. They believe most of prophecy has been fulfilled and continues to be fulfilled by specific events throughout history. For example, the great earthquake mentioned in Revelation was fulfilled in 1755 by the Lisbon earthquake of that year. The darkening of the sun mentioned again, in Revelation, was fulfilled in 1790. There was such a dark day mentioned in history (I think in May), The stars falling prophecy was fulfilled by the great meteor storm of November 1833. There are many other events, and dates that they claim were fulfillments of Biblical prophecy. At the time, I found it very compelling and I accepted the “truth” of these events as proof that Christianity was true. The SDA Church stressed their views on prophecy and it helped their Church to grow. They also believe that the rapture occurs AFTER the tribulation, which explains their concern with events that happen during that time, such as the rise of the Anti-Christ. They convincingly identified him as The Pope. After a couple years, I began to have some doubts about their beliefs and finally left the Adventist Church literally due to an epiphany.
My wife and I were in and out of several churches until we came to our current church about 10 years ago. The Baptist Church believes in a pre-tribulation rapture. They believe in the literal fulfillment of the events in Revelation, but Christians will not have to worry about them because we are gone before they occur. So, I no longer focus on end time events. They do not increase or diminish my eternity or my relationship with Christ. My eternity is secure based on what Jesus did on the cross, not on what I know or believe about prophecy. I still find it very interesting, but not for the same reasons.

1 Like

Amen. That’s why I don’t bother with most of the Bible. Instead, I focus on that relationship I need to have.

The Bible is the manual for life and reveals the wisdom and will of God. I find it essential in my walk with Jesus.

1 Like

In the first century, according to the inspired writers of the New Covenant Scripture. No inspired writer was alive to write after His second appearing. We do have the accounts of the historians.

These time statements were spoken to that generation living in the first century.

Matthew 16:28 “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Mark 9:1 "And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Luke 9:27 “But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”

The book of James and Hebrews were written to the first fruits of Jewish saints that were enduring persecution at the time the authors wrote.

Hebrews 10:37 ""For yet a little while, and the coming one shall come and shall not tarry;

The writer of Hebrews says Jesus “shall not tarry.” There is nothing vague about these statements. Sadly, some men insist that Jesus has put off his parousia (coming) for almost 2000 years.

James was writing to the twelve tribes scattered abroad. "You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. James 5:8

What about people today? How do they get into the kingdom?

I didn’t forget that other question.

Wasn’t Jesus supposed to reign on Earth for 1,000 years after His return? :thinking:

No doubt, and Jesus makes plenty of references in the Gospels to some of the best writings in human history. I’ve always seen the Bible (overall) as a “how to be a good person” while on Earth kind of manual, whereas Christ’s teachings show me how to live forever with the Father.

Where is the Scripture passage that says Jesus will ever set foot on Earth again?

Revelation 20

So, yes, no, Jesus reigns for 1,000 years upon His return?