Who is the Enemy?

Yep… the team sport aspect is tiresome… but because the Birchers won there can be no give on anything because any inch away from where you stand is moving towards the evils of Communism.

3 Likes

I agree that the polarization has been there strongly since the 60’s and we are still playing out a lot of culture wars that began then. And perhaps the Right/Left split was even stronger from 68-74…

But I would say that the advent of cable news, right wing radio, the internet and specifically social media have caused a dramatic increase in polarization.

Even in the 60’s/70’s you had politicians crossing the aisles to make deals. Nowadays that is extremely rare because any slight peace offering or compromise is seen as a deal with the Devil.

Hard to find common ground in this environment.

2 Likes

Well I was mainly just naming media and governmental agencies without mentioning “target groups”. So no I didn’t forget.

Personally, I save myself a lot of time and energy by simply hating everybody.

5 Likes

This ain’t true at all.

But those driving you there have led you to believe this.

I’m a moderate Republican…only really liberal on social issues.

But because I’m to the left of Westbrook Pegler, people call me a Marxist.

1 Like

Welch was right because the Left has been overtaken by ideological trash.

The GOP is not dominated by Birchers.

The DNC is dominated by those Stalin called Useful Idiots … now free to serve whatever dark masters will pay them off but still the USSR’s cold dead hands grasping at America’s throat.

2 Likes

^^^^^ This post is unintentionally hilarious^^^^^^

3 Likes

I haven’t been led anywhere.

I have not changed.

But I’ve watched the Leftward-Ho folks change, a lot.

2 Likes

The Republicans are dominated by backstabbing Quislings. Certainly not good.

The Democrats are evil.

1 Like

The first step to desiloing would be for both sides to accept that neither side is actually evil.

3 Likes

Hell no, this is my house. lol

1 Like

The CEC has made the divide worse imo. The constant victimhood, they’re coming for this or that, anyone who compromises "caved’ or ‘flip flopped’, the all or nothing politics. Frankly they’re the king makers, don’t agree with them? It’ll be a drum beat to their viewers/listeners to have the pol primaried. Though Trump has taken over that roll as of late.

1 Like

I don’t doubt you haven’t changed.

2 Likes

Both:

Beer with high ABV
Bald eagles
Attractive southerners in boots
Astronauts
Thanksgiving
Patrick Mahomes
Gospel choirs (black church only for the left)
Complaining about school boards
Dogs
The Pacific Northwest (excluding Portland and Seattle for the right)
National Parks
Costco

4 Likes

:notes: I got my own philosophy
I hate everyone equally
You can’t tear that out of me
No segregation, separation
Just me in my world of enemies :notes:

Slayer ~ Disciple

3 Likes

Ah yes, going along to get along … that’s why Republicans are dominated by weasels.

1 Like

Oh really?

I waded into the earlier incarnation of this forum presenting arguments why there is no General Welfare clause.

I haven’t changed.

Yes. Two sides. Two agendas. The differences in those agendas can be magnified and two sides label each other as “evil.” The similarities can be magnified, the differences discussed with civility,
and the two sides can view the other as partners. Pretty easy to see where we are right now. I’m not trying to say things have ever been completely the later. Just more so than today.

The world isn’t that black and white. There’s a lot of space between “going along to get along” and “Democrats are evil.”

1 Like

I said…I don’t doubt you haven’t changed.

So you’re one of the drivers, not the driven.