White House Counsel Don Mcgahn Cooperating with Mueller

You might want to take another crack at this. Looks to me like you stumbled onto something that you know nothing about!
[/quote]

As a practicing psychologist, I might know a thing or two about the defenses people use to protect their sense of worth/competence.

2 Likes

Go easy on this poster. They obviously donā€™t possess your superior intellect!

You might want to remove your edit.

In any case, you are dead wrong in your application of ā€œcognitive dissonanceā€ when it comes to those who disagree with you. I would be happy to debate this in another thread if you care to start one.

Silly, or worse, is when you ignore the reality that is staring you right in the face.

There is no way that a practicing psychologist is making that kind of a statement.

Lol, OK.

More denial from you.

I am a student of human behavior. Iā€™ve been observing it for going on 20 years and I believe a have a good understanding of it.

From my experience, a practicing psychologist wouldnā€™t even be wasting their time on these forums, let alone spouting the nonsense that you are spouting.

Youā€™re right about the ā€œwasting my timeā€ here part.

But, Iā€™m human like everyone else.

Iā€™m mostly fascinated by the effectiveness the CEC has had on a gullible audience, quite remarkable really.

At the same time, I was pleasantly surprised to find some very bright folks presenting well-reasoned and compelling arguments against it. After listening to Sean for years, I expected to find an echo chamber here.

2 Likes

And there you go again. If you are what you say you are, I have lost all respect for you. That type of statement is not something I have come to expect from someone in your position.

Why wouldnā€™t they?

Legal experts do NOT disagree on what the basic constitution of a perjury trap is.

And one of the key factors is there must be something about which the person being entrapped MUST LIE ABOUT.

So if Mr. Trump does not lie, he cannot, BY DEFINITION, be subject to a perjury trap!

And ONLY if there is the danger that something has happened about which he might be inclined to lie should he be afraid of a perjury trap!

Period. End of story.

Not ā€œmy opinionā€ā€¦but the DEFINITION of what cinstitutes a perjury trap!

Ideologues donā€™t understand realists, and ideologues make the error in assuming everyone argues from a strong ideological perspective.

Ideologues like to put people into pre-defined boxes rather than take each person as they come.

Iā€™m not a ā€œLIBā€. I left on some issues, and right on a whole bunch of others. On the spectrum of everything, Iā€™m likely a left-center libertarian.

Of course you wonā€™t believe that since your predefined boxes for people are inviolate.

So that cinches it. The superior intellect has spoken and declared the conversation to be over.

Thatā€™s ok; I was ready to move on anyway.

Yep! Another forum member that walks and talks like a LIB but pretends not to beā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

Ok, if you say so.

Yep. I say so.

Oh, my god you are funny.

Huh?..

You really do seem to have an inferiority complex.

If you consider looking up the definition of legal terms as the sign of a superior intellectā€¦then thank you.