Where Trump dropped the ball on the Pandemic

That’s not proof. That’s politics.

Convalescent Plasma has been in routine use since March. The FDA clearance only slows down randomized studies which seek to prove its efficacy.

It is a nothing burger.

I can’t remember for certain but I believe those parts immediately followed the “LIBERATE MICHIGAN” pandemic guideline.

1 Like

Okie doke. Looks like a bit more than that, to me.

1 Like

It is Trump yelling at the FDA.

Yes but the N95s were what were in short supply and needed to be ramped up way earlier than they were.

Fauci’s thoughts on masks are irrelevant in that regard.

Agreed. He just needed “something” to brag about at the convention. All of this talk about lack of leadership the week before had him hunting a headline.

1 Like

Just accusations.

After all the discussion we’ve had, I can’t begin to say how disappointed I am in the thread title and OP of this thread.

:rofl: Astounding.

Not saying that it isn’t a helpful treatment and that it should be looked into… but what do you make of the accusations that the numbers were goosed to be more positive than what the current studies show?

If those numbers were goosed, what is the likelihood that a vaccine will be rushed before efficacy and safety can be fully determined?

How? On what authority?

Every state has a health department. Most counties have health departments. In making the decision for the local school board to provide at home learing, the school discussed this with the county health department, which discussed with the state health departments and directives from the CDC. That was just the school board. A similar process has me wearing a mask every time I go to the store under threat of a major fine.

@NebraskaFootball gave you a pretty well sourced article that refutes them all.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statesman.com/news/20200407/fact-check-did-us-send-experts-to-china-at-start-of-coronavirus-outbreak%3Ftemplate=ampart

Boots on the ground in China.

No, he didn’t. He gave a slate article that cites WP articles as “proof”. It’s garbage.

I wont even go that far. On July 22nd - 9 states had a mask requirment.
That day, the President of the United States came out and said you should wear a mask.

By Aug 1st - 34 states had a mask mandate.

If only he made that recomendation in say May, or early June.

Stop pretending the President is just a bystandar in all of this.

4 Likes

ya know what a leader does. He sees a problem and then puts all the resources he has into fixing it…then when it is fixed…he goes back and looks at the outcomes, were the actions right or wrong, could they have been better. When faced with a serious issue or problem a leader does not say it will be alright, it will go away, we have nothing to worry about. A leader prepares to take on the worst and hopes for the best.

We had no leadership from our federal government. Shutting down travel from China was only have the solution. People flew from China to Italy on a daily basis. why do you think Italy got hammered so hard. Then Italians were able to go to spain and france and where every else, and then they came here. To the main port of entry from Europe…New York City. Air travel should have been shut down from Europe and Asia, for at least a month or maybe longer. Instead…we shut down China and they found other ways of entering.

Leadership is making the difficult decision to do something that may be unpopular but is done for the common good of many.

We had no leadership…Leadership was thrust upon the Governors. They made decisions, some good, some outstanding, and some poor. But at least they made decisions instead of excuses.

5 Likes

If states are making their decisions based on Trump’s tweets instead of health officials recommendations, that is on them.
And this is still not as settled as the media claims. Masks are not required in the Netherlands based on there being unsettled evidence of their effectiveness plus the fear that they may give people a false sense of security and interfere with the practice of social distancing.

The data was fudged and misrepresented, but that is the reason why you do randomized trials instead of relying on anecdotal data.

2 Likes

again -hes not some random dude tweeting. Hes the ■■■■■■■ President of the United states. Stop pretending he has no influence and is just some random dude.

1 Like