When was the last time a Democrat(s) initiated and passed a middle class tax cut?

So, what you are arguing is incorrect: Unemployment benefits do not create jobs. Unemployment benefits help to stabilize and create further loss of jobs as a trickle down effect. And most do buy less because Unemployment benefits are a fraction of what most make when employed.

And please don’t resort to insults about “you guys” and ebt cards.

You can take issue with the particular verbiage if you want. Mathematically speaking saving a job and creating one is no different. At the end of the day, there is more economic activity and more employment with unemployment benefits than without them.

It would help if you had any understanding of the issue.

So the premise then is that we are saving jobs that are already filled and in doing so we are we are creating jobs?

It’s just a shorthand. At the end of the day, more people are employed using a policy. Saved. Created. Who cares?

Because there is a big difference between stating unemployment benefits create jobs and unemployment benefits are a cushion against further job losses.

Beats the hell out of a minimum wage increase, that only serves to increase how much the government gets out of each paycheck you earn.

Please, tell me what the difference is.

It is not an insult. It is truth again. I was on the old board over a decade and saw time and again people complaining about the groceries being bought by people with ebt cards especially during the economic crisis.

If you find truth offensive you have to ask yourself what did you do to the wiring in your heart and head.

You are like a woman whose husband beats and cheats on her getting mad at the person who tells her he is bad guy.

Or the patient who gets mad at a doctor for telling him to eat better and exercise more while he is overweight and dealing with the health problems from that.

A person has worked in a grocery store for 20 years. His position was created 20 years ago.
Just because he goes to work everyday doesn’t mean his position is newly created every day.

First of all, I was on the old board for a long time as well. I never posted anything about people who use EBT cards, so your finger pointing personally at me is way out of line, Mister.

Then you want to double down on it by likening me to a woman who let’s her husband beat her?

I guess when all else fails, end a discussion by getting personal enough so the person gets disgusted and leaves.

This is not the first time you have got overly offended here. If you are quick to take offense then learn to ignore people like I have.

And no I likened you to a person who gets mad at a person that points out the husband is a bad guy.

Okay. Economically speaking, what difference is there between a new position and one that is prevented from ending? Either way a person is working that wouldn’t otherwise be working.

Okay, I am going to go save a job by creating a job for a person who already has that job.

In other words, I have a plumber coming over to replace my hot water heater. Which I wouldn’t have been able to buy if I was collecting unemployment because I wouldn’t be able to afford it.

Then on Monday, I have to go create a job for myself that I’ve done for 20 years in the same place. And since there are a lot of employed people, I actually have three job openings I need to fill which isn’t creating jobs because those people are already employable elsewhere even if they are unemployed. So, by hiring three people, I am contributing to unemployment since unemployment creates jobs.

I think I get it. Thank you for educating me. :+1:

Nevermind she more knowledgable than most economists who actually study the impact of these things by using actual data to quantify their positions.

I’m still waiting for it to describe for me what the difference is between creating jobs and saving jobs. You claimed thwre was a big difference but we haven’t heard it.

I understand that but your overall tax burden will be less when you factor in the tax cut, the adjustments to the marginal rates and the increased child tax credit.

Take that 25% and every other tax one pays. It adds up, especially in a state like NJ.

That 25% is the total effective tax rate.

The biggest problem I see with the US is how little benefit that people typically receive from their taxes.

I think one of the reasons I don’t complain about taxes is I get a direct benefit in health care. Then I tend to see the other benefits