What the hell is going on with rising Anti Semitic Attacks

I never understood why some on the left can’t see why the rise of identity politics is not only gratuitous but also dangerous. Placing people into identity groups has never had a happy ending throughout history.

1 Like

Because conflict among competing fractions benefits them…they need victims.

Democrats can be especially interested in blaming their political opponents for whatever problems exist:

“I want to be very, very clear, the violent threat, the threat that is ideological is very much from the right,” Mayor Bill de Blasio insisted, in response to numbers showing a 90% rise in anti-Semitic incidents . . .
–from earlier Jewish Press link

Nor is about “White Nationalism”

How does this administration, and its supporters, feel about Democrats? Ya know, as a group?

The media, as a group?

The FBI, as a group?

. . . . .

Well it’s plain to see there are ( for whatever reason), morons who hate Jewish folks enough to act out their hatred violently or by scrawling anti-Semitic gibberish on someone else’s property.
The artist above is a head scratcher and perhaps he’s developed a fetish to exhibit some sort of “artsy” swastika never seen before? Or at least at a firehouse?
I tell ya, when supposedly “educated” high brow types lose their grip or engage in a bit of the old kink it’s sometimes comical and always weird ! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

These are organizations and not the same type of identity politics being practiced on the left. The identity politics practiced today on the left tends to group people by race, religion, or social backgrounds this is different than being a member of the Democratic Party.

Basically the definition of what happens after Balkanization of a country. Everyone splits off to live around their groups the fragmentation of society.

According to reports, Jem Ibrahimov is from Bulgaria. Bulgaria has a significant Turkish minority; it would not surprise me if he has a Turkish background based on his name.

His last name comes from “Ibrahim”, which is an Islamic version of Abraham. Jem is also a version of a Turkish name.

Rest assured that if he had any plausible connection with “white nationalists”, the national media would have gone wall-to-wall on their coverage about the incident. On the other hand, speculations about possible Islamic connections are avoided at all cost.

Here are some disturbing videos of recent attacks against Jews in New York City. According to the link, there have been 14 anti-Semitic attacks in the city in the last four weeks:

Nothing to see here according to the US national media since the attacks have no apparent connection to “white nationalists” . . .

85% of people polled favor some limits on abortion, over half of all people polled on guns believe we should have the right to keep and bear.

The differences are all about degrees.

The left almost universally sees things through the prism of race and other group identity qualifiers.

We almost universally see things through the prism of protecting individual rights.

Their only success comes through dividing us, ours by bringing us together.

What precisely is this an example of other than speaking the truth?

Within hours of his first trotting out the MAGA campaign he was labeled a White Nationalist, extremist/racist.

There’s a lot of Swastikas going on in that top center jumble. I’d pass on that.

1 Like

Speaking of swastikas and antisemitism…

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1212027706453430274

3 Likes

Thank you for posting that

1 Like

Only if one has an incredibly active imagination fueled by hate and bias.

Do you imagine swastikas every time you look at a tic tac toe game, chess, or checker board too?

Jews have been “putting” themselves into an “identity group” for 6,000 years.

That’s what being a Jew means.

How has that worked out for them in the past 6000 years?

Well, that’s hard to say. Overall, Jews have certainly been persecuted due to their identity - although I think you’d be hard-pressed to find many Jews willing to discard their identity to fit into your identity-free utopia.

It sounds like you’re suggesting that the solution to anti-Semitism is for Jews to just stop being Jews?

I don’t know maybe it is they are plenty of (High up government) people telling them to remove their skullcaps in Europe to avoid being targeted.

It’s the world we live in unfortunately, when groups of people live together that historically hate each other. A lot of Jews have been leaving Europe for awhile now, what we see here has been happening exponentially higher in Europe in the last few years the number of attacks has sharply risen.