What if Trump nominated Merrick Garland?

There is no talk of ramming through anything. Just proceding as normal to do the jobs they were elected to do.

That is a compromise because Trump loved the idea and supported it. /sarc

I’m not seeing that. I have only seen one tweet that is too well crafted to be written by President Trump.

and this

The word obligation doesn’t ring with urgent passion to me. It’s JMO, but I don’t think President Trump looks at the SCOTUS as a legacy. I don’t think he cares much about it at all.

We care because we are ideologues.

The only ramming being attempted regarding this vacancy is by the libs.

1 Like

Supreme Court list helped 2016 win.

This shifts headlines from virus to an actual issue.

Advantage Trump.

1 Like

LOL…Yet impeachment was so urgent.

Might as well nominate…This will dominant news cycle anyway…No down side for R.

What does that have to do with my post about the SCOTUS seat or this topic? Oh? I see. You picked one word out of my post…“urgent” and you’re riffing off that word.

There is no “olive branch”. You are being way to logical and nice. These people are insane with TDS and nothing will appease them except, the removal of Trump. Well tough ■■■■ . As the previous President said, “elections have consequences”.

Good. His seat is secure. Why should he give a damn?

My hope is that the country rejects the “progressives” twice. Maybe even enough resentment can be fomented to consider a guy like Trump for a third term. Can you imagine the hurt and frustration of the left if that were to happen? They would be so broken and sad.

1 Like

Like I said, he’s good. All he needs to answer to are his constituents, and they’re currently happy with him.

The only polls that currently matter are the ones that elected the potus and senate. Most have an R after their name.

Nah, he’d lose support. A garland nomination isn’t the will of the people in this republic.

He did no such thing. Either he served as AG or he withdrew himself. He did neither.

They can ask all they want. The republicans control the presidency and the senate. You don’t cave to a petulant child, you tell them no and stick to it.

1 Like

Sessions spinelessly caved over a bunch of made up garbage by the left. He’s a tool bag.

Absolutely NOT! The Democrats have never shown any goodwill, especially to Trump. One of the factors that helped Trump win was his releasing a list of potential SCOTUS nominees before the election. Many Repubs and Conservatives voted for him because they didn’t want more left wing nut jobs on the Supreme court, and we still don’t. Hell with the Democrats! Trump has the constitutional authority and right to nominate and I say jam it down their throats! If he loses in November, he goes out having done the best thing for this country for decades! He’s not going to lose votes over this, if anything independents are being reminded exactly at the right time what is at stake…

Quick and decisive action by the president and the senate will invigorate the base and win over the independents who don’t want the country pushed farther left by the hord burning down buildings and looting.

It’s definitely going to be a woman. He can’t be tied up with the left claiming everybody he nominates is a sexual predator.

1 Like

There’s nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being the president in his last year

RGB