What has become of America?

Just because you haven’t seen my posts before doesn’t mean I’m new. And I’m not talking about other posters, I’m talking about the heads of your parties, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden and Obama. All three are guilty of denigrating conservatives.

1 Like

What did they say about the “heartland” that you didn’t like?

I wonder why you put quotes around heartland. It simply means the middle of the country. And I already posted what they said. But to refresh your memory, Hillary called us “a basket of deplorables” , Biden said just last week we were the “dregs of society” and Obama said we voted conservative because we were afraid and clinging to our bibles and guns. I’m sure I could find a lot more if I wanted to.

Those are not geographical criticisms. Hillary called half of trump voters “a basket of deplorables.” Perhaps you are in the other half. Biden did not call all trump voters “dregs of society” though that’s the headline on the right-wing sites. Obama also did not say what you posted.

Oh but he did… Obama was talking about Pennsylvania voters who cling to their bibles and guns. Look it up. And I’m sure its so much better to know that only half of conservatives are considered dregs of society or baskets of deplorables.

Obama didn’t say anything about bibles. And he won Pennsylvania, so I think they interpreted his comment differently than you did.

Hillary didn’t say anything about conservatives.

Biden did not call half of conservatives “dregs of society.”

If you’re not even going to try to get the facts right, what is the point?

I guess you can’t look that up. Nevermind. Yes, sadly he won Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, in the city. The rest of the state was red. And the Obama comment was caught in a hot mike incident.

You ever heard of a “yinzer?”

All that’s happened is that technology has outpaced society’s ability to handle it and people’s ability to comprehend it.

Alvin Toffler called it “future shock.” It used to happen two or three times a century. Now it’s going to happen every year for the rest of our lives and increase in speed with every passing year.

1 Like

You are quite correct, Some people cant even catch up with 2000 technology never mind 2018.

And Its not just America, Its the world.

Allan

Basically embrace change.

I do it everyday at work when something or the other changes.

They come out with the days changes in the morning (every day)

Allan

I can’t tell what point you are trying to make.

Are you upset about what war does to the people?

Are you concerned that some people seek to undermine the US Constitution?

If it’s the tragedy of war, we had hundreds of thousands of families scared from WWI and WWII and the Korean war, all of which played out in only about four decades.

What is the idea of America?

I do. I mostly call them “ant beds”.

E Pluribis Unum. :slight_smile:

many ideas uniting as a nation.

Allan

That’s not true.

Nothing has happened. We’re the same.

Incorrect. That referred to 13 colonies confederating into a nation for two reasons - trade and defense. Not “ideas”.

Everything means everything, down on the farm.

1 Like

The struggle of my comrades internationally is worth it. America? Maybe. It depends on how we progress through the turbulence.