What does civilian oversight mean?

How was US involvement going to end in Afghanistan without a bunch of people fleeing there?

None of that excuses a general who would inform China of a US attack in advance, sorry.

2 Likes

I think the point is that there is no general who would inform a counterpart as to what the attack would be, but that there was deteriorating relations leading to conflict.

That the US would not launch a unilateral surprise attack because the President lacks the legal authority to do so.

not his call

Why, there was no threats of a nuclear attack being considered against China under the previous admin. Sanctions yes, nuclear Armageddon not so much.

In terms of new wars the previous admin was way less hawkish than most presidents since Eisenhower, and did not drag America into a new war regardless of the fear from the media that he was going to do just that.

Right. And assuring the Chinese counterpart that there would be no surprise attack to not accelerate any tensions isnt an unreasonable thing. The words he used may have been dumb, but the action wasnt.

how about murder by random drone strikes on unknown targets for purely domestic political purposes? miley seems to have had no problem following that order.

yes, free to refuse with the knowledge there may be consequences if they are wrong.

absolutely not. whether or not we employ total warfare doctrine is not the generals call.

So your saying he knew it would set off an immigration crisis yet left NATO was left in the dark on the withdrawal. Do you not see why they are criticizing this admin. This was supposed to be America is back not look at America’s back fleeing leaving Europe scrambling to pick up the pieces.

There not happy with the new America is back.

Only if the Dems lose the presidency. A Dem controlled DoJ will do nothing to someone who was undermining Trump.

I don’t think that anyone knew that the Afghani government would fold so quickly. They knew they would lose ground, but not completely collapse like they did.

Nevertheless, there was no way that the US leaving Afghanistan would not lead to people wanting to get out of the place because of the Taliban gaining ground.

That is true no matter who is in charge.

So let’s have a hearing so we can get testimony on Trump’s actions and statements at that time.

So genocide is a okay with you.

I understand Hiroshima.

We were at war with Japan, all bets are off.

Was there a congressional declared war with China that I somehow missed.

A nuke attack first strike would be insane.

Allan

maybe you should try actually reading what i write and what i responded to

Well I guess we had a good run. RIP democracy.

1 Like

By allowing a first strike nuke attack against China, that is genocide.

Pure and simple.

I personally against first strike nuke attacks in all non declared wars.

Once we are attacked however all bets are off or congress declares war also all bets are off.

Allan

It will be interesting to see the letter 500 former generals sign.

2 Likes

so go back again and read what i replied to.

That created a problem rather than soothed one.

1 Like

Well it seems they’re admitting it.

A spokesperson for Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley is defending allegations of “secret” calls with his Chinese counterpart, saying the conversations are “vital” to “reducing tensions” and “avoiding unintended consequences or conflict,” maintaining that the calls were coordinated with high-level defense officials.

“The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs regularly communicates with Chiefs of Defense across the world, including with China and Russia. These conversations remain vital to improving mutual understanding of U.S. national security interests, reducing tensions, providing clarity and avoiding unintended consequences or conflict,” Milley spokesman Col. Dave Butler said in a statement Wednesday.

And it goes on to say it was all coordinated among the staff.

1 Like

Have they returned the country to Biden or are they still in charge?