What does a responsible administration do?

If we find out there are 272 points of contact between the Sanders campaign and Russian intelligence then I will join you all in your outrage.

If I find out Bernies campaign manager sent polling data to Russia, I’ll join the outrage

Russians have been interfering in our elections and attempting to influence our government since before WWII, The only thing that’s changed is the platform.

1 Like

such a kanard… you don’t think they could get polling data from real clear politics?

Or if any one working for the campaign that is along the lines of Micheal Flynn pays people to attempt to make contact with Russian sources in order to obtain stolen material.

That would also have me join in the outrage over that.

So, your point?

That is not internal polling data.

Internal polling data is the campaign’s entire strategy.

there is absolutely nothing in internal poling that you could not get elsewhere. it is nothing more than a measure of support and reaction to positions. either they poll a position to determine what effect it will have on voters, or they poll to see what effect it has had on voters. the candidates positions are known, and there are plenty of publicly available polls that measure support of just about anything. including whether or not using “quid pro quo” will be as effective as “bribery”.

Yeah. Keep telling yourself that internal polling is nothing special and not the campaign’s entire strategy.

Keep convincing yourself of that.

Who’s data was it?

Who’s data was it?

if your strategy is polling, your not driving the train, polling is. Anyone who thinks Trump ain’t driving his own train needs to put the pipe down. polling tests support for positions and messaging, either before or after the fact, nothing more.

Polling drives the strategy.

The apparatus that they had in place and still have in place is designed to flood the “right” people with the “right” message to push the electorate to squeak out an electoral and not popular victory.

It is quite brilliant actually. Hyper focused targeted advertising.

Now one should ask themselves, why give that detailed data to a Russian intelligence linked oligarch… especially one that is owed a ton of money to by the guy who gave it?

So “quid pro quo” = “bribery”. Interesting.

ask your liberal masters, they are the ones who poll tested it.

Well, that and the fact that the Republican President is totes cool with it.

and until trump won, what exactly had the democrats wanted to do about it since 1917?

Hell, they still don’t seem to care about the paid for fake russian intell provided to hillary and the dnc that was used to spy on the gop candidate. when your hair lights on fire over that, get back to me.

2 Likes

The fact that President Obama briefed both parties on the Russian campaign to assist Donald Trump in 2016 is well documented, as is Mitch McConnell’s refusal to allow bi-partisan action against it.

As to your rhetorical question was to whether there are “credible reasons”… how are we too judge.

The Intell Community believes so and has shared evidence with some officials in government. But neither you nor I have seen it.

There seem to be two bases to reject this information we cannot evaluate

1. Distrust of the Intelligence Agencies – primarily the notion they are riddled with Democrats/Liberals/Never Trumpers who are willing to risk their careers to offer phony assessments.
  2. Dislike of the conclusions of the report (i.e., Putin favoring Trump).

I remember another Presidential Administration discounting an Intelligence Report because they believed it reflected the wishes of a prior administration.

The title of that report was “Bin Laden Preparing to Attack US.”

That was in the summer of 2001.

Good luck.

1 Like

Sure CNN would…in a Democrat administration. They could even have a revolving door with those in the agency. Heck, CNN could volunteer to do it.

LOL. The charge made here is that he wasn’t warned which is BS. He was and now the goalposts are running away. All presidential candidates are briefed and if appropriate, warned of current high level risks. The entire issue is made up poutrage.

1 Like