What do you view as the main reason for the surge in worldwide Coronavirus case counts?

I have been keeping track of Lake and Porter County Numbers since June…for my job. The highest total seen from June to last week was 169. Last week we had 200+ all week long in Lake County and between 50 and 100 in Porter County…When I started tracking Porter County had between 0 and 10 cases per day. Averaging about 12 all summer. The Governor jumped to wide open September 25th…and here we are…

Hello fellow Hoosier. My son Graduated from Wabash in the spring of 2018.

It must be the folks who do not wear masks I guess. All you have to do is wear a mask, lock yourself in your basement and wait till your bank account runs dry.

Vote Biden, lock it down, wait for the end.

3 Likes

Yeah, we are definitely seeing a statewide spike. But, in looking at other places, I don’t think lockdowns are a good answer either. I think it can be slowed but not really stopped. Masks help but I don’t think most people even have effective masks, let alone wear them properly. They are not like military gas masks, which I think is people’s perception.

1 Like

If the experts say lock it down, well lock it down. Maybe we should shrink wrap our selves.

Myself, I sure hope that they will get the immunizations out soon.

1 Like

Well Biden did say he was going to lockdown the virus, not the people. I am curious to see how that would work though. I’m guessing not too well… But then I am a cynic…

I haven’t heard one single new idea from Biden. Everything he has said is being done EXCEPT for a mandatory national lockdown. (AKA martial law) and the efficacy of that is dubious.

3 Likes

Now we all know that our government would NEVER lie to us… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Republicans and conservatives don’t advocate zero regulations. We do advocate common sense and balance in those regulations.

Martist law will work. It worked in China. The Chinese Communists eradicated the disease (they created) by locking everyone down.

Biden will get guidance from China on what to do.

After all Chinese Wuhan Virus was made in China.

Uh huh…right…you point to a GOP-sponsored regulation that would have eliminated an entire business sector.

We’re talking about a GOP in my state where there were pretty much zero regulations placed on the fracking industry…to the point where the chemicals they injected into the ground as part of the process were allowed to remain unknown- they were protected as trade secrets.

The whole thing is rather hypocritical.

We have Mark meadows on TV yesterday saying “this is a contagious disease…we can’t do anything to mitigate the spread except develop meds”. And Trumpers applaud.

We have at the same time it being said “Damn China- they didn’t do anything to mitigate the spread before it escaped and came here”. And Trumpers applaud.

The Doublethink is strong…it’s why Trump can say “Wait a minute, I DO take responsibility”, and in the very next breath say “It’s China’s fault”…and Trumpers applaud.

2 Likes

That might work, except for the 100 million armed rednecks who might make a fuss. It might turn nasty if it came to that, but then what’s a few statistics to our benevolent big brother?

Of course we can absolutely take China’s word because Communists are nothing if not honest… Just ask any Lib. They’ll tell you.

China did not have anything to do with it. It had to be Trump.

:thinking: You may be on to something. :thinking:

Just don’t ask Biden.

I"m not a fan of lockdowns either, but we need to do something different or by Thanksgiving our hospitals will be overrun. There are risky behaviors we should eliminate in hotspot areas. You set metrics and take action when a specific community reaches those metrics. For instance, if your community test rate is above 10% close bars for 2 weeks. We can do this…it doesn’t have to be an all or nothing system.

Italy 60 million people, previous strict lock down, 20k new cases in one day.

1 Like

We are all going to die.

0f8bb3bc92bcf7bce42d00b4d3551570

3 Likes

Pretty good post. Opening and closing like that won’t put them out of business? It’s got to be expensive.

Good school and right down the road from me…been here 30 years. Funny, when I went in the service, I swore I’d never come back to Indiana, yet here I am. Not living where I grew up though…

It’s working for Biden…