What are the reasons for staying?

The following is from an opinion piece by J. Warner Wallace for Fox News.

Ex-Christians often leave the Church because they don’t think anyone in the Church can answer their questions or make a case. It’s time for believers to accept their responsibility to explain what Christianity proposes and why these propositions are true, especially when interacting with young people who have legitimate questions. Rather than embracing a blind or unreasonable faith, Christians must develop an informed, forensic faith that can stand up in the marketplace of ideas.

What reasons do you offer for staying?

2 Timothy 1

3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers in a pure conscience, how unceasing is my remembrance of thee in my supplications, night and day 4 longing to see thee, remembering thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; 5 having been reminded of the unfeigned faith that is in thee; which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and, I am persuaded, in thee also.

I believe there’s a correlation between divorce, broken families and the faith that’s passed on from generation to generation. I read the article and heard the reasons but I don’t think I read the core of the problem. This is in part why God hates divorce. If one strives to love The Lord with all their heart, the accomplishment is succeeded over time. This faith is witnessed by those of your family. The fruits of that relationship with The Lord are witnessed by those of your family. They too will desire and seek that relationship with The Lord. Many will come and attempt to steal that love in your heart and they may succeed if there isn’t a greater love/faith in your life or who you’ve surrounded yourself with those of a strong love/faith.

How I live my life is my testimony of my love for The Lord. The joy, the friends, the success are all blessings that others may witness and desire for themselves. I am always willing to witness to anyone/everyone how great The Lord is and give Him credit for all that they see. Knowing your Bible and having enough knowledge that you can identify areas in it that explain the current happening/question that someone may pose is a huge step in the right direction. The motivation for your discussion being a true love for the person you are speaking with and not to debate is more successful and less confrontational.

I agree that family, of course, is our first witness, and also those with whom we first practice our faith. I also believe it extends from there first to childhood friends, then to colleagues and close community. So much of what Christ taught us centers around how we live with and treat one another. Divorce goes against everything we are taught about how to live with and among our brethren.

When people become overly focused on the question, Does God exist? they lose sight of what God has taught and revealed down through the ages. Jews begin with teaching their children the law (how to get along with family and community) because it is through the law and love of law they will come to love God. Jesus had the opposite approach where he advocated that through love of God/neighbor, one would come to love the law and therefore understand it as God intends it to be understood.

I am wondering, if when a person is unsure about God’s existence, what others think of beginning with law and human interaction as a pathway to introduce God? This, of course, may take years.