What A Patriot Should Do On April 18, 2019

Mueller is not me

What did Obama say about our elections? The dems must have forgot already…

A well stated OP that I couldn’t agree with more. I want our elections to be pure…from all outside influences and that includes non-citizens voting. This too should be important to everyone.

6 Likes

Mueller Matters.

Are you referring to kiddie diddler Roy Moore?

He’s back, baby! And Alabamians can pull the lever for the kiddie diddler once more in 2020.

Thank you. But, unfortunately, what seems to be most valued here is the ability to toss talking points over the wall.

I wrote the IP because I was tired of that. We’ve had two weeks of the Barr “total vindication” victory lap. Obviously, that collapsed as soon as one saw even the redacted version of Muller’s report and I could not see the point of arguing with people about how Mueller saying his efforts did not exonerate Trump should not be taken to mean that Mueller’s efforts did exonerate Trump. I was searching for something more productive… but I don’t think I found it.

Maybe this site just obsessively condemns us to fruitless bashing?

Oh I think there is hope you just won’t see it on print.

Cognitive dissonance has its limitations.

The fact is, when you care about something you want to see it “win”. You want to see those who oppose you “lose”.

In politics, the GOP and Conservatives in general are perpetually disadvantaged in a purely democratic state, so they embrace the face we live in a representative democracy where the will of the individual is blunted over the system in place.

In other words, they use the rules well and to their advantage. Gerrymandering is a good example, voter culling is another. Ramp up the war on drugs to affect minority populations which can strip them of their right to vote. Make polling places for minorities so onerous one does not want to wait 4 hours to cast a ballot. Make registering to vote difficult and demonize those who seek to promote registration.

One aspect of fighting against giving undocumented workers amnesty is surely that they don’t want them being able to vote one day. Which is probably why, despite Puerto Rico voted in favor of applying for statehood, the GOP led Senate won’t vote to approve it. That’s 10 million votes they don’t want to add to the mix and two Senators they won’t be able to win.

In other words they use every trick in the book to overcome the fact that, all things being equal, they are outnumbered.

So, given all this, if Russia wants to help them, and if they already embrace all of these other specious activities, why would they ever refuse it or want to prevent it in the future?

In the end, it’s not about abortion, guns, taxes or anything else. It’s about winning or losing to their perceived rivals, Democrats and Liberals. Country be damned, integrity be damned. Who cares if folks who want to vote cannot? Who cares that generations of black men languish in jail? Who cares that millions live in the shadow economy that relies on undocumented workers to exist? The only thing that matters is that a Republican is in the White House, it doesn’t matter how awful that person is.

Because in their mind, they have won. And that’s all that matters.

6 Likes

Exonerate is the wrong word for Mueller to have used.

I’m with Jim Jordan, “just burn the report.” I’ve not read it, and I don’t intend to.

Mark Levin said Part 2 of the report was a political document - a 200 page op-ed, is all it is. He said a prosecutor could be disbarred for producing a report that that because it’s based on allegations - - he said/she said.

"That is why we have a court of law. That is why prosecutors — dammit! — are not supposed to write essays like this… [Mueller] didn’t have an obstruction case against the president of the United States or he would have brought it. I’m using plain English so even Joe Scarborough and Jake Tapper can understand this. Volume two is crap. Volume two was written for slip and fall lawyer Nadler, slip and fall lawyer Schiff. That’s why he wrote it. He knew the media would run with it.”

The Lamentations of toreyj01™

:clap:

5 Likes

Don’t let the world get you down. Keep swinging…regardless of the childish experiences you encounter.

1 Like

Mob Rulz.

LOL.

:bus:

Nah I am just looking at things realistically. I don’t expect some folks here to change because it’s against your self interest to do so. If it helps you win, you do it. Everything else be damned.

It was edgy, and right to the point. I liked it. I’m also out of “likes” for the day.

1 Like

Thanks, mate.

So you are proposing a world in which the only source of truth is whatever an individual wants it to be – essentially a Hobbesian state of nature. No society can exist on that basis.

And Mark Levin should never offered as the arbiter of reality!

1 Like

Email hacks and Facebook ads. If our electoral process can’t withstand that it isn’t worth protecting.

2 Likes

It’s odd that you would say that because Mark Levin said part 2 of the report was just that - one person’s side of the story. No laws mentioned.

Since Part 2 included a substantial discussion of the legal issues surround obstruction of justice and a sitting president, Levin’s comments on it were untruthful. I just watched the video… all Levin was doing was promoting his book.

If we are to view Mueller’s report as having no weight because it is “one person’s opinion”, then we have to apply the same standard to Barr’s summary of the report as equally of no value. That reduces us to a Hobbesian pre-government world.

That’s not what he was saying. The quotes in the report had no rebuttal. The Presiden’t side of what was said, was not there.

It would have been there if the President had agreed to meet with Mueller. You are creating impossible standards.

1. Represent the President’s side, but without the President’s cooperation.
  2. Bring an indictment or the report is meaningless, but you cannot indict a sitting President.

There is an old cliche in law.

When the facts are on your side, pound the facts.
If the facts are not on your side, pound the law
If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table.

You are table pounding.

2 Likes