Were US embassies under threat from Soleimani?

We know we have some solid sources and methods.

Lights out Soleimani.

I don’t want to jeopardize them… do you?

:loud_sound:

No,
That was my point. No one was talking about it. That was what was so odd to me…Margaret Brennan, who my wife says needs to wear something other than red every Sunday, has no need to insist that she knows the intelligence…but to a “t” all the hosts tried to corner them on it. Brennan did come close with Esper.

1 Like

Democrats can’t be trusted and the press sure as hell can’t so they aren’t about to give either of them anything which when leaked could jeopardize sources and methods.

We don’t want the enemy to know exactly what we know.

2 Likes

Exactly…

Yes the embassies were under threat. Every American in the middle east was under threat from Soleiemani. He has killed hundreds. Unless you think he was retiring the yes, he was a threat.

Give me one reason that we should not have taken him out for his previous murders?

1 Like

I’m all but completely certain that the line in the sand was the attack on our embassy.

Even killing a contractor on one of our bases does not rise to that level because of the importance of Embassies.

…and together it was a pretty easy choice.

Now it looks like the Iranian people are going to rise up and force a government reform at the least…regime change at best.

All because President Trump did the right thing.

:wave:t3:

Unless they get substantial outside help I’m afraid all they are going to get is more bullets and not for storage.

Between the Qd’s Force, Paramilitaries, and Police it’s just too one sided.

Keep in mind, you don’t get into any of those three organizations in Iran unless you’re an absolute zealot.

Even their conscripts are carefully screened and unless you have clearly proven your loyalty you’ll never make to being a Senior NCO or Officer in the Police or Military.

They were doing this before a Trump got involved.

Hundreds of thousands of people marched during Soleminis funeral. Iraq wants us out. I don’t think it had the effect we were thinking.

Forced/paid protesters/mourners. That’s part and parcel of Iranian State Propaganda.

We’re not leaving Iraq, the vote was non binding and the President knows he’ll lose his country if we leave. He’s simply making the right noises to quiet the Shia majority so he can keep his hold on power.

1 Like

That is genuinely funny. Well part of it at least

1 Like

Obama wasn’t “pilloried” over his decision to assassinate US citizens. There wasn’t a peep.

1 Like

Why?

He supports parts of it. Very selectively but he does indeed support those parts

Unintended irony is hilarous

How is what I posted “unintended irony”? I’d like to see you quote a single post of mine not supporting the Constitution.

I’ll wait.

1 Like

He supports all of it. Not selectively, all of it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Your posting history says otherwise. More than a few of us have had our discussions over the years with you arguing how one thing or another is not a protected right. I will concede however that you have very strong feelings about one particular part

Then why did trump talk about what he knew on TV?

That’s not true.

And the GOP second-guessed every thing he did in the Middle East…every single thing.

Just like now.