Wells Fargo, TD Bank have already given Trump-related financial documents to Congress

Let’s start with the president. Shall we?

The premise of this OP is the president ponying up HIS finical records.

Yes I know that. And then Doug suggested Nancy should release hers, which is whataboutism. I think you misunderstand my stance.

If your going to stand up there and spout about how it relates to morals and whether or not someone is serving their interests or the public’s interests, while claiming you don’t to be held to the same standard I don’t call that whataboutism I call it chicken ■■■■■

Amazing how those Congress critters become millionaires on their modest salary.

Who are they serving?

Got any specifics?

Of what? Congress critters who became millionaires in office?

You really gonna play dumb on that one?

So you don’t have any facts to back up your assertion? ok.

So we are going with playing dumb then. OK.

You’re so certain about what you said. Why can’t you give any specifics?

Just one off the top then.

Top 20: The average increase in net worth in the Top 20 was 422% a year, excluding Chellie Pingree.

That you really want to try to deny this is not accurate says so much more about you than me.

Related to Nancy perhaps?

This argument has been out there for decades and bitched about by both sides.

As an aside, in 2008 when Biden was running/thinking if running for president; Rush did a derogatory little bit on him how he mustn’t be very sharp if after 30 years in public life he wasn’t even worth $1million. That’s cons for you, rag on honest politician because he didn’t enrich himself at the public trough.

Meh, I’m not gonna rag on him for that. I’ll give credit for not being a total bottom feeding scumbag and enriching himself to the extent the others do. He is however pretty well off and his wife’s addition to the family finances helps also.

Also appears things are looking up.

After the Obama presidency ended, though, Biden appears to be making significantly more money from books. Joe and Jill Biden reportedly signed a multi-million-dollar book deal with Flatiron Books in 2017, stipulating that he write two books and she write one.

Today, Jill and Joe Biden’s main home is a 7,000-square-foot custom home built on a private lake in Greenville, Delaware, outside of Wilmington.

After leaving his post as vice president, Joe Biden and his wife Jill reportedly used some of their book advances to buy a $2.7 million vacation home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The six-bedroom home overlooks Cape Henlopen State Park and has ocean views, and it has a gourmet kitchen, elevator, and three fireplaces.

Well that doesn’t suck, let me tell you. :slight_smile:

Still does not negate there are a huge number of critters who enrich themselves while in office to the tune of millions.

Yeah, why don’t you amortize that over 40 years and let us know what you get. :roll_eyes:

He is not the richest yet still has more than most people in the nation. A simple fact. I gave him credit for not being a total scumbag as others are.

Even when I agree with you you still find a way to be disagreeable.

Wonder no more why some no longer try around here.

whataboutism = consistency

1 Like

And your point is…?

But deflection is so easy!

It’s comical, no?

If you can’t read, I can’t help you.