Well it actually happened. No, I'm not seeking attention. This is how I've been the past several weeks

I am not angry at him, not anymore at least. I need to forgive.

It has been 4+ months since I last posted in this thread. I lost my memory when I went back to school. I couldnā€™t remember really anything from my h9me life, or what I learned in past semesters. I had trouble recognizing faces and getting around campus. I did know that I was a student and was- needed- to graduate that semester.

For a while I felt like my empathy was gone. I didnā€™t care what happened. I started to feel angry and unsafe. I still have periods where I feel like Iā€™m going to have an outburst, and I still feel unsafe. I still donā€™t feel like myself. I am so worried that some of these negative personality changes are permanent. The protections I used to have, to protect myself emotionally, are gone.

The weird thing about a fugue, or any type of amnesia, ancedotally, is that you know you have a past, but you donā€™t know the details or what it is. It was like my memories were behind a locked door. I could get a glimpse, ā€œthrough the keyhole,ā€ but if I tried to really access it I would get this startle response.

Meditation is helping though, as is yoga. Music has helped me get my creative juices flowing again.

One day at a time. Really all any of us can do. You arenā€™t alone.

1 Like

My gosh it is hard to think. I canā€™t think to intricately or my head starts to ache. Especially when I try to think and recall memories at the same time, such as studying for a course. My emotions get tangled, too.

I am ________

Be careful. We recently got fussed at for this sort of thing.

Also, what? Are you okay?

Some memories surfaced of me getting an initial dx of cocert malignant narcissism with paranoid and Machievellian traits, and being treated as such.

You demonstrate yourself to be a much, much better person than whom you referenced. Iā€™m also going to opine that the so called professional who provided the info about a similar diagnosis to a genocidal tyrant probably shouldnā€™t be allowed to interact with people seeking help. And for the record, I have seen nothing in your interactions on this board to indicate that you have anything in common with even a shallow shadow of that tyrant.

2 Likes

My university, ORU, tried to brainwash me into believing I was pro-choice (and okay with killing children inside the womb) and accused me of such.

Iā€™ve tried to understand him, to forgive him. I wanted to understand him. But he messed up my life for 3 years. And the more I think about it, the more I suspect other people might be involved with him doing this.

Itā€™s been a little more than 3 years since this occured and 2 years since my diagnosis. One of the things is, he didnā€™t touch me yet I still was traumatized.

Why wasnā€™t he arrested for threatening another person? Was it because they restrained him there at the psych ward?

I hate the mental health system. It seems like the longer Iā€™m inside it, the worse it gets, and thereā€™s less hope. And people who are suicidal are basically put in a closed space (a locked ward) with people who are homicidal. And in my most recent stay, everyone suffers if one person decides to become abusive of any freedom- it was policy that everyone is treated the same. We couldnā€™t have our clothes (because people try things and they have to remove that for future patients), had to eat food with a spoon (because someone went after another person with a butter knife as well as a fork). Food was finger food. We were not allowed any recreation or time outside other than the TV which the techs put on shows they liked. As Iā€™m learning, it was in some cases worse than a forensic psych ward. Iā€™ve asked someone who was homicidal to kill me, because we both get what we want- they get to kill someone and I donā€™t have to exist.

I asked to be removed from this place and the only alternative they could think of was to place me in another group home where there is less freedom- canā€™t have a job, no outings. And apparently there was a clique problem that my dad learned about. At least one guy got lucky and was able to be discharged to his home in Mississippi, but when I asked to be discharged back to Tulsa, they just said that my flight was pushed back. I lost hope that I was getting out- there would never be an end- so I attempted.

Iā€™m sorry. I know people have it worse than me. I have a dad who loves me, food, a roof over my head and financial support. Iā€™m grateful for that. But I want to get out of the system and live my life normally.

Iā€™m so sorry. No young person deserves to live like that.

Please know youā€™re loved, you are precious, you deserve care and healing and peace.

2 Likes

Thanks Lucy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One video Iā€™m looking at: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8UhBTmBe0pw