"We will burn down this system"

I will. But he’s not my problem. I don’t live in the inner city. The ■■■■ show doesn’t affect me.

Amen to that!

Burn down the system?

I’m SURE I’ve heard this before.

Stephen Bannon, President Trump’s chief political strategist and, after Trump, the most powerful man in Washington once declared proudly: “I am a Leninist". He was talking to a New York university academic who had written extensively on communism and the former Soviet Union. “What on earth do you mean?” the professor asked him. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state and that’s my goal too,” replied Bannon. “I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today’s establishment.

3 Likes

I’m sure you haven’t. Violence and riots are what y’all do. If you are waiting for conservatives to burn something down, you might want to pack a lunch. So there’s that.

1 Like

I just posted where I’ve heard it before.

What do you think Trumpism is but burning it all down?

His speech at the Washington Monument Trump rally was quite interesting. He called for unity to “truly make America great”. Applause applause cheers cheers from the crowd. But crowds inherently gravitate to entertainment and “uplifting” rhetoric. Me, I still have a problem with the BLM hypocrisy; never hear about black on black crime murder and mayhem in black communities. NEVER a peep out of them when a black LEO is killed? I still am of the opinion BLM is a financial conduit for Democrat candidates, their website is the portal!

1 Like

He talks to republicans. And they listen.

Difference between me and libs. I want to burn goverment corrupt bureaucracy while libs want to burn the country.

1 Like

Burn it down?

Like with a lighter?

2 Likes

Since you asked. It was creating some of the best economic conditions the world has ever seen. Somebody such as Biden who has spent is entire life as a member of the ruling class has no clue how an economy works. He has zero experience. Trump does.

:rofl:

1 Like

Ironically, I recall a lot of people voting for Trump in 2016 because he was going to “burn down the system,” “drain the swamp,” however you want to put it

1 Like

There’s a big damn difference between burning it down and rooting out corruption.

But you see, when you talk to Trump supporters, they’ll tell you this was figurative, but they’ll accuse Hawk Newsome of literally wanting to burn the country down, so he’s to be feared. And fear gets the votes out.

1 Like

Ah yes - that must be (D)ifferent

No. we don’t 'see." This forum is not about the flaws of “Trump supporters.” It’s about actual topics. Find a topic, focus and comment. Is that too much to ask?

I am focusing on the topic at hand.

A poster in this very thread already made this very stereotypical istinction.

Trump supporters want to “figuratively” burn the “Establishment” down.

But BLM REALLY wants to burn things down.

I can link the post if you would like.

Sure. Keep telling yourself that and you will never improve.

From the article:

That’s why the cop that choked Eric Gardner kept his job and kept receiving raises for five years. Anytime a cop hurt a woman, a child, our elders, there was always a call for due process. But the moment people start destroying property, now cops can be fired automatically. What is this country rewarding? What behavior is it listening to? Obviously not marching. But, when people get aggressive and they escalate their protests, cops get fired, now, you have police officers and Republican politicians talking about police reform. I don’t condone nor do I condemn rioting but I’m just telling what I observed.

It’s unfortunate, but he has a point.

1 Like

Anyone should be listened to if there some solution to the insanity. I don’t see the reasoning behind destroying inanimate objects representative or not from events that took place centuries ago. The rage must have shifted or they’ve run out of Rebs to hate on because now they’re tearing up and tearing down statues of anti-slavery champions and attacking local Democrat politicians! (Madison WI)