We placed my Father in Hospice care today

It has been a difficult but also awesome day. We gathered on the Hospital with my dad’s doctor to tell him there was not anything more they could do.

We talked. He’s been very coherent the past few days because of the oxygen levels they’ve maintained. But they started him on Morphine and that put him to sleep very fast. Before he went to sleep. He gave me a very stern fatherly look. Took my hand and told me he loved me.

This next to my kids being born and my marriage is the greatest gift ever. He didn’t say it a lot. But I knew he did. To have him say it today meant the world.

I am at peace and so is he!

If you love some one…always tell them. Don’t wait until you can’t anymore. I’m blessed.

Good advice.

Very happy for you that you were able to have this positive moment with your Dad at a rough time and that you are both able to feel this way(at peace).

Sending a good thought things stay that way for you both.

Just went through the same thing just after Mother’s Day with my mom, who passed less than a week later. Sending some prayers your way for you and your dad.

Thanks Mad!

Thank you. My dad wasn’t very expressive about it. It caught me off guard…but it let me know he knew where we were. He let me know he was ok.

Prayers to you my friend. I’m happy you got to say goodbye to your wonderful father.

It truly was a cool thing. I am blessed.

Been there and done that. God bless Konssurvative1. And God bless dad.

Happy for you that you both had the opportunity to say what was important.

Thank you old timer!

1 Like

At this rate I’ll be saying goodbye to my dad. His heart & blood pressure meds interfere with his digestion, so he’s on a bland diet, apple sauce & stuff like that. His mind is still sharp, though.

I’m hoping he can make it through December for what may be a final visit. I hope I’m wrong, but I have a bad feeling.

I let some other familiar conflict keep me from visiting very often, although I did go last summer.

We talk more by phone lately & I tell him I love him. Konservative, I’m sorry you are going through this, but glad you got to have that blessed moment with him. Prayers from me to you & your family, too.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully it is a peaceful transition. Watching my mom on hospice care was one of the most painful experiences, especially since she was a stubborn Italian that refused to go, despite her immense suffering.

I’m sorry for your loss. Best Wishes sent your way.

Sorry to hear this. I’ve lost one parent and a step parent to cancer all before I was 25. I know how tough it is. Cherish the moments you had/have with them and celebrate their life, don’t mourn.

I’m glad to hear you had an acceptable resolution. Being able to say goodbye to my dad was also something I still cherish to this day.

May god bless him

1 Like

My dad officially passed around 2 am this morning…i will miss him.

And no, I didn’t give him an absentee ballot so he could vote for BACs Republican party. Lol. Some of you know what I’m talking about.

My dad was truly one of the greats.

My very sincerest condolences to you and your family.

1 Like

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Benediction I read for my father’s service. He’s in a better place now and he’s whole again.

Condolences. It is always tough.

I’m sorry for your loss. Condolences to your family. God speed to dad.