We Don’t Need to “Monkey this Up”

Ron Desantis managed to not be racist for all of twelve hours after African American Andrew Gillum won his Primary.

And then he did this:

I mean. Wow.

1 Like

Well that’s a good way to shoot your candidacy in the head.

In 2018? It’s a good way to gain support.

9 Likes

his campaign will crumble like a cracker.

on 5th avenue, aka lose no support.

Hundred bucks says he’s being vigorously defended right this moment.

1 Like

well he could use a white knight right now

1 Like

What terrible optics.

It won’t matter though.

It never does.

Why play the race card so early in the game? Save it for later

I’m with you on this one.

Hell, if George Allen were running now, his macaca moment might have given him a lift with rightwingers.

3 Likes

He will not lose one vote from fat donald supporters.

2 Likes

I don’t think this was a racist remark. It’s a variation of of ‘throwing a monkey wrench’. I think the Dems need to be careful about this. Outrage about nothing is not helpful.

3 Likes

And certain people across the country are sending him money because he’s a victim.

Never heard of this phrase used instead of ‘throwing a monkey wrench’ and I’ve heard quite a few during my lifetime.

Me either.

Not seeing the big deal here, unless he was trying to equate him to a monkey, but that’s not confirmed

Pretty much this. I don’t like Trump either, but TDS is really a thing. The left’s racist bogeyman around ever corner is growing old.

1 Like

We use to say it all of the time and we are white. We’d say “stop monkeying around”. Here’s a link if you don’t believe me.

I’m guessing if I said this to a black person, left wing loons would think I’m racist. They’d be wrong, as usual.

3 Likes

He’s dipping a toe in the water IMO.

1 Like

So then do liberals always associate the word “monkey” with black people? Actually monkeys are cute little animals that do funny things but they have a tendency to mess things up. Is that really what liberals see as always meaning black people? I mean, wow.

1 Like