WATCH: Cory Booker Refuses to Accept Trump’s Condemnation of Racism, Calls Statement ‘Unacceptable’

Originally published at: WATCH: Cory Booker Refuses to Accept Trump’s Condemnation of Racism, Calls Statement ‘Unacceptable’ | Sean Hannity

Presidential hopeful and New Jersey Senator Cory Booker refused to accept President Trump’s condemnation of white supremacists and racism this week; saying he owes the American people “so much more.”

“Do you welcome [the President’s] acknowledgement?” asked one reporter.

“No. Reconciliation — the kind of healing that we need — starts first with someone standing up and saying, ‘I’ve been wrong. I’ve made mistakes. What I’ve said before has been unacceptable.’ So you can’t speak out of one side of your mouth about the need for us to come together as a country, but consistently do things that divide this nation and pit us against each other, that fuel racial bigotry and hatred,” said Booker.

“If he wants to show that he’s changed, then this is about reconciliation. Speak to how you have contributed to the hate and the division and the bigotry. … How you have said things that make people with violent instincts and violent intentions all the more likely to do the kind of heinous things. This is unacceptable. There is no repentance in this. There is no contrition in this. And there is no reconciliation from this President who owes the American people — someone who can’t even condemn Nazis — who owes the American people so much more than he’s giving,” he added.

President Trump traveled to Dayton, Ohio Wednesday to meet with law enforcement, first responders, and the victims of last weekend’s deadly mass shooting at a crowded local bar.

President Trump landed in Dayton, Ohio on Wednesday to pay his respects and offer his support on the first part of a trip to two communities devastated by mass shootings over the weekend that left at least 31 people dead and dozens injured,” reports Fox News.

“Trump met with first responders and hospital staff at Miami Valley Hospital, as well as families and victims of the shootings. Nine people were killed when police say gunman Connor Betts opened fire outside a crowded bar on Sunday,” adds Fox.