Watch: Are We In The End Times and How Can We Tell?

Thank you. When The Lord advised us all to “watch” and notice the signs, that’s what this thread is about. The COVID-19 virus, along with the earthquakes in South America, the psunamis that have devastated Indonesia, F5 hurricanes and the spotting of a comet from another solar system have me watching a bit harder? Are these signs that his coming is closer yet? If so, what are the signs that immediately precede his coming and the exposing of the man of sin was one that I was under the impression must happen first? What other signs immediately precede His coming? I’m attempting to get help laying all of this out, that each of us can then “watch” together.

Scripture talks about the condition of man and society. Knowledge will increase, people will be lovers of themselves and money, proud, boasters, without natural affection.

With the invention of the internet knowledge has increased greatly. Just about anything you want to know… More millionaires and billionaires than ever before…Abortion and the homosexual movement, natural affection is giving way to lust, convenience and perversion.

We’re also seeing events in the middle east lining up with prophesy. Jews have been back in their homeland now for 70 years. Scripture declared that would happen. I’ve heard that a new San Hedrin has convened and the articles for the new temple have been made…

Much is going to happen relatively soon upon the earth.

1 Like

Most of these things have happened 100 times before. Every generation thinks they are in the end times.

I do find the part in revelations regarding the mark of the beast and financial transactions to be a bit creepy.

1 Like

Not really. It is true that man has had the same nature throughout history, but the 20th century and technology have made things possible that never had been before.

You mentioned buying and selling. With electronic banking being the norm now, how hard would it be for the government to click a switch so to speak and freeze your accounts and ability to conduct business transactions? Scripture talks about people going to and fro on the Earth. Air travel has made it possible to travel almost anywhere on Earth in hours…

Everything is lining up like never before and now we have a world wide pandemic that is crippling economies. I don’t think the worst has come yet regarding our economy. I believe The Lord is trying to get our attention…

I agree. Help me look forward and “watch” my Brother.

The Book of Revelation has always been outside my scope of understanding. Most of what I consider comes from the New Testament. The Book of Daniel is also another source of the period we speak but again, I’m not sharp on this. I’m hoping someone else is and can share their thoughts on it.

You’re seeing what I’m seeing but…I’m just not sure what I’m seeing? :sunglasses:

I am a skeptic by nature. But I won’t claim that your observations are without merit. It is certainly thought provoking. I don’t rule anything out. In other words. Maybe.

1 Like

Bold: “The last days” was written to disciples living 2000 years ago. We cannot in all honesty read mail written to God’s children 2000 years and apply it to God’s children living today.

The “last days” Jesus spoke about was the “last days” of the Old Covenant with the Law of Moses. That only concerned the Jews, since everybody else on earth (Gentiles) were never under that Old Covenant Law.

There is no end to the New Covenant of Christ.

I agree with you about the application to the destruction of Jerusalem in the first century.

The Bible clearly states that the end will come when people have basicly no faith. “When the son of man returns will he find any faith”. People who look at middle eastern geopolitics for cues as to when the world will end often make bad predictions.

Jesus says only his father in heaven knows…

When Jesus spoke the parable to His disciples of the widow seeking justice, Jesus was not speaking about an end to the physical world. It seems we can’t be satisfied unless we have something to fear.

We only live on earth a short time, instead of being thankful and enjoying the time, why spend it in fear? Why provoke fear in others?

1 Peter 3:10 For "He that would love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking guile; 11 let him turn away from evil and do right; let him seek peace and pursue it. 12 For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those that do evil." 13 Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is right?

When Jesus spoke the parable to His disciples of the widow seeking justice in Luke 18, Jesus was not speaking about an end to the physical world.

In context, the chapter before 18,

"For as lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be in His day.

But first He must endure much suffering and be rejected by THIS GENERATION." Luke 17:24-25

Does the objective reading of this passage really suggest a far away – two thousand year gap between Jesus suffering in His generation and today?

Jesus’ disciples that were the intended recipient of the warnings, got the memo. Jesus urged His disciples in 18:1, “Pray and faint not.” The only thing people are in danger of fainting from today is fear of their own imagination. The Jews killed the prophets. The Jews killed the Apostles of Jesus. The Jews killed Jesus and the Jews killed the disciples of Jesus. And you think today’s apostasy is bad?

Did you ever wonder about why Jesus didn’t rescue them - including Himself from their prosecutors? He could have. They died that we might live.

Keep your eye on the eastern sky. Today could be the day!!

In your opinion, will there be a second coming of Christ? If so, when and how will we know ahead of time?

Yes. We can not know but Jesus said, there will be signs…watch for them. What are they? Do you see any differences today that indicate His return is soon?

There is much prophetic scripture in both the Old and New Testaments that refer to future generations (from the time of Jesus). Are you a preterist?

I think you’re spot on but haven’t fully encompassed the entire passage IMO. Here’s what I’m referring to; 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led captive into all the nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25 And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the billows; 26 men [h]fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on [i]the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

A Gentile is in my understanding, those that are not Jews. Again, IMO he’s speaking of a time down the road. How far down the road is my question? Have “the heavens shall be shaken” already taken place? When was the time of the gentiles fulfilled?

Also, let me say, I am not a fearful person nor do I spread fear. I spread The Lord’s love and this thread is dedicated to such. I’m looking for the wisdom of my fellow Christians and I thank you for your posts.

Matthew 16:4 “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of Jonah.”

Not really. Prophecy ended when that last prophet died. The haters killed them, remember?

Jesus fulfilled ALL prophecy.

Jesus speaking to his disciples after his resurrection…

Luke 14:44 Then he said to them, "These are my words which I spoke to you, while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled."

When did the events Jesus said would happen in Matthew 24 happen? When was the sun darkened and the moon not give light? When did the stars fall from heaven? When did all the tribes of Earth mourn and see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with power and great glory? When did Jesus send his Angels with a great sound of a trumpet? When did Jesus gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of Heaven to the other?

What did Jesus mean when he said “So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors?”

When were two in the field, and one was taken, and the other left?

If you are a preterist, these things must have happened or Jesus is a liar…

I believe the words of Jesus. Jesus speaking to His 12 Apostles. Matthew 10:23 “When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next; for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel, before the Son of man comes.”

The 12 Apostles are not going through the towns of Israel today. They did that in the first Century.

Matthew 24 “Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”

Jesus to his disciples: Luke 21:20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it; 22 for these are days of vengeance, to fulfil all that is written.”

This happened in the first century AD.