Was Obama's CIA Director a Russian operative?

Back in April it came out that Obama’s CIA Director, John Brennan, had buried evidence that Russia was supporting Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election:

CIA Director Brennan suppressed facts or analysis that showed why it was not in Russia’s interests to support Trump and why Putin stood to benefit from Hillary Clinton’s election. They also told me that Brennan suppressed that intelligence over the objections of CIA analysts.

House Intelligence Committee staff told me that after an exhaustive investigation reviewing intelligence and interviewing intelligence officers, they found that Brennan suppressed high-quality intelligence suggesting that Putin actually wanted the more predictable and malleable Clinton to win the 2016 election.
Ex-Intel Officer: John Brennan Ignored Evidence that Russia Favored Hillary Clinton to Win in 2016

Brennan has a dubious background. He even admitted to voting Communist before becoming a CIA agent:

Recent revelations show that the primary source for the Steele dossier came from Russia and had been previously been investigated by the FBI for contacts with Russian intelligence officers. The dossier was the main basis for FISA warrants used to surveil the Trump campaign as part of the “Crossfire Hurricane” probe, even though the FBI knew the source came from a Russian with known links to Russian intelligence. Here is an excerpt of the letter to the Senate committee:

My observation is that if Brennan was not a Russian operative, he sure acted like one. Likewise the FBI group involved in the Russia-collusion investigation appear to have been based on Russian disinformation that they was unreliable and known to have links to Russian intelligence.

Were Brennan and the leaders of the leaders of the FBI “Crossfire Hurricane” really foreign operatives?

Were the investigations really a Russian-orchestrated attempt to overthrow the elected government of the US?

2 Likes

No he wasn’t.

2 Likes

Brennan clearly supported Putin’s objectives as shown by recent revelations.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck is it a duck?

Brennan supported Putin’s objectives? Which ones?

Electing Hillary Clinton for one. Russia helped to organize “not my president” rallies after the election.

1 Like

Oh, wanting Hillary elected was a Putin goal? We’ve got the intelligence agencies saying the exact opposite as to who Russia was supporting. And the senate report.

1 Like

We have intelligence people saying that Brennan purged out information that showed that Putin wanted Clinton.

If you look at Trump’s actions compared to Obama’s it is clear that Trump has been doing a lot better at protecting US interests. Obama allowed Putin to annex Crimea and to gain control over much of eastern Ukraine with just a feeble protest.

Trump has greatly reduced US combat deaths in wars started by Obama and Bush.

At the same time, Trump allowed the military to respond to a Russian attack in Syria using massive air power. The result was hundreds of deaths of Russian “mercenaries” after they attacked US forces.

Putin would love to see old Sleepy Joe back in a position of power.

As far as the apparent foreign operatives in CIA and FBI, I suspect that they are more aligned with China than Russia, but China and Russia are allies so that is fine point. What is clear that neither Brennan nor the FBI agents were acting to protect the US Constitution according to their oath of office:

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

1 Like

Just real quick. Trump thinks Crimea should be part of Russia because they speak Russian.

1 Like

Trump is trying to deal with the mess Obama and Biden left.

If Brennan had been interested in following his oath of office, he would have made it clear that there was credible intelligence that Putin was supporting Clinton. Instead he launched the multi-year effort to overturn the results of a free and fair election.

Brennan’s effort to overthrow the Constitutionally elected government of the US coincides with the interests of foreign adversaries such as Russia and China, and it was based on Russian disinformation provided by foreign agents. Is that just a coincidence?

Was Obama’s CIA Director a Russian operative?

This is a question best answered in a court of law, not a discussion forum.

Someone better get going on indictments if they ever want an answer to that question. The Trump administration has had almost 4 years at this point to figure that out.

1 Like

It’s a better reason than given for making Puerto Rico part of the United States.

No it’s not.

Sure it is. Shared language is a strong reason for making a nation.

No it’s not.

Of course it is. It’s even used to tribe up.

Nope. Language is a very poor reason to be part of a nation. Canada, China, India, all of South and Central America show this to be true. It’s a an excuse Germans used in the 1930s. And our incredibly ignorant president.

2 Likes

First, the OP cites a Breitbart article. This right-wing publication has a history of articles that suggest debunked conspiracy theories.
Second, Fred Fleitz has a history of publishing debunked conspiracy theories.
Third, there have been plenty of investigations and evidence that Russia was working to get Trump elected.

You are confusing nation with country.

And you’re still wrong.

What language do you think they speak in Central and South America?

No evidence Brennan was a foreign operative. He was just an anti Trump operative who tried to twist information to make Trump look bad and to undermine his administration. If Russia benefitted, that was just a side effect, not what was sought.

Outside of Brazil, spanish. Not a reason for it to be one nation using your logic.