WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 1)

Why do you keep trying to put words in my mouth? I just said that I don’t trust the Russian government to tell the truth.

All reports from a war zone need to be treated with skepticism. Reports that favor the narratives supported by the originator are especially suspect.

We have seen misinformation and lies coming from Washington and Kiev in order to support the war. The real question is why are so many in the media blindly accepting these pronouncements as truth?

How much of the bootlicking from the media is a result of coercion and censorship from the government?

Now do Moscow

You cite it at length. If you don’t trust it why cite it as a counter position

Because he accepts it as truth. There isn’t a single post showing otherwise

I have repeatedly seen pronouncements from Ukrainian or US government sources portrayed as the truth in the western media. The reality has been their batting record has been extremely low, especially for pronouncements have supported the official narratives.

The point of posting Russian sources is to show that facts are disputed, and western reports are not reliable.

When both Ukrainian sources and Russian sources agree, then there is a good reason to believe they are stating the truth.

If Ukrainian sources disagree with Russian reports, the Ukrainian sources are probably wrong. Russian sources are probably not completely right either, but my experience is that Russian sources have a better record of accuracy.

No one’s putting words in your mouth.

You claim not to trust the Russian government but post almost exclusively from Russian government controlled sources.

That’s what you’re being called on.

Yes, the government hoaxes, such as the Russia-collusion hoax and the-laptop-is-Russian-disinformation hoax, have painted “Russian” as a synonym for “inherently evil”. Quoting Russian sources, even when they turn out to be correct, has become a form of blasphemy when they contradict the sacred official narrative.

As far as actual facts, please point out any links that believe are factually incorrect, then we can discuss the facts, not prejudices.

Meanwhile here are some questions to consider in evaluating sources. How much of the US corporate media works for the security state?

CBS recently withdrew a documentary about corruption involving military aid to Ukraine. Is this another example of government coercion being used to control the media?

What is your objective basis for determining the Russian government controlled sources are “correct”?

You have eyes on the ground over in Ukraine?

In many cases, the only sources of information from the front lines are from either the Ukrainian government or the Russian government.

Russian sources provide an alternative viewpoint from the Ukrainian sources. When the two sources agree, there is reasonable certainty that the information is correct. When they disagree, it means it is impossible to say with certainty what is going until more information is available.

Most of what you posted doesn’t come from these sources, and you have had a tendency to lean towards the Russian sources (don’t deny it- we all here are seeing you do it).

So again- how are you objectively determining correctness?

Yet you keep repeating Russian propaganda as though it is the truth. You can’t have it both ways.

The vast majority of the posts repeat the official narratives from the US and Ukrainian governments. Russian sources provide an alternative viewpoint. The question should be why would anyone trust US government without seeing what other sources are saying?

The western governments have been using coercion and censorship to silence anything that contradicts the official narrative. If you doubt that, consider that government pressure forced CBS to withdraw its documentary about corruption involving weapon shipments to Ukraine.

There is an old saying:
A man who has one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks never knows.

There are many media channels, but they are all linked to repeat the same official narrative in unison. They act like many faces on the same clock.

Many people are happy to avoid the uncertainty of having more than one clock. I prefer to have multiple clocks, so I have a better idea of what the uncertainty really is.

I’m still not following your logic of using Russian reports to rebut western reports. If everyone is lying it’s all untruth.

Effective propaganda usually includes truth. It includes truthful reports of some facts but lies by omission by ignoring other facts.

Even journalists who are trying to be truthful have unintentional prejudices. They have to select which facts or images are newsworthy, and that depends on their point of view.

Multiple independent sources of information generally give a better idea of what is really going on.

So then there is truth in the western lies as well. That still does not explain your bias toward the Russian “truth containing” lies.

Except if you have no objective way to measure the clocks against the real time, you have zero idea of the uncertainty.

And when you post Russian sites you never express doubt over them.

You express that you believe the sources you are linking.

That is what you are being called on.

you do know that segals law is a caution against having too much conflicting information… right?

Or it is saying that you may not realize that the clock has stopped if you have nothing to compare it to.