WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 1)

Euromaidan refers to one part of Kiev.

Just as DC is not the US, Euromaidan is not Ukraine.

Ukraine would be go belly up very quickly without massive infusions of American cash.

Nope. They just need to stop stealing.

2 Likes

Yes, Ukraine is cursed with a great potential. It has rich resources, but average Ukrainians are caught in the crossfire of a proxy war. The aid and the resources end up getting sucked up by high-level corruption.

Western politicians have made sure to protect the gravy train from reform.

Is Donbas?

Your truth is provided by the Russians. Why do you give it so much weight while simultaneously dismissing anything that does not support it as western lies and propaganda? The Russians have perfected the art of lying to the world over the last hundred years. Surely you know that, do you not?

And, by the way, the truism that the war was “supposed to be over by now” came from the Russians too, yet here we still are …

All very interesting points…The key thing I read today was that the Russians are now shifting a 1/3 of their combat forces from the Donbas region to the South. The military point of this is that they mauled the Ukrainian forces in the East until they were forced to withdraw. They needed that extra combat power to conduct the offensive. But 2/3s of the combat power needed for an offensive is more than enough to defend the new gains, expecially against severely degraded Ukrainian units forced to withdraw. That additional combat power, with the experience gained in the East, will probably create similar conditions for an offensive in the South. My estimate is second half of August for LD.

Thank goodness the US never lies, laughs hysterically

I never suggested that they don’t.

Anything that contradicts the lies from the White House is labeled “Russian disinformation”.

Of course, the FBI/CIA/DOJ lied to get FISA warrants against Trump. The used alleged Russian contacts as the pretext. They pushed lies about Russia collusion for most of four years. They lied about the Biden laptop and claimed it was “Russian disinformation”.

The working assumption should be that anything involving Russia that comes from officials in Washington is a lie until proven otherwise.

that has no bearing on whether russian propoganda should be believed… except for you

I don’t trust the Russian government to tell the truth. On the other hand, I trust the American government even less. This quote pretty much summarizes my feelings:

Anyone who trusts any government is a fool. Anyone who trusts the world’s most powerful government is a damn fool. Anyone who trusts the world’s most powerful government while it runs massive propaganda ops for a dangerous proxy war should be forbidden to use the grown-up scissors.
This War Is A Propaganda Campaign Wrapped In A Psyop: Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix – Caitlin Johnstone

US officials have openly admitted that they are spreading propaganda and lies to support the war effort. They lie, we know they lie, they know we know they lie, but they still lie.

1 Like

Ukraine apparently within range of attacking Crimea now.

….

“A Russian airbase deep behind the frontline in Crimea has been damaged by several large explosions, killing at least one person, although it was not immediately clear whether it had been targeted by a long-range Ukrainian missile strike.

Multiple social media videos showed explosions and clouds emerging from the Saky military base in Novofedorivka on the western coast of Crimea on Tuesday afternoon, prompting questions about how a location more than 100 miles (160km) from the frontline could have been attacked. Later a senior Ukrainian official appeared to claim responsibility, without giving details.

Russian tourists holidaying on beaches nearby could be seen leaving in fear. It is one of few occasions that the peninsula, occupied by Russia since 2014, has been directly affected by the latest fighting. Local people told one Russian news site that explosions went on for an hour.“

1 Like

My question to you is why do you assume that Russia is telling the truth when they “contradict WH lies”? A more rational approach would be to disbelieve both sides. Just because other governments lie too, does not mean Russia is not lying just as much if not more. In fact, as history shows, lying integral to Russian foreign and domestic policy. It is completely naive to believe anything they have to say about anything at face value.

2nd time in a week. they hit an artillery position in crimea a few days back

1 Like

The point is that information that contradicts the White House narrative is labeled “Russian disinformation” even when Russia has nothing to do with it.

For example, reports about Ukrainian neo-Nazis and related groups were labeled “Russian disinformation” even when the information is available from sources like the BBC or Newsweek or even Ukrainian sources.

That still does not answer the question. Why do you believe Russian all reports while rejecting everything from Ukraine, NATO, the EU and the US? Remember what they say “Truth is the first casualty of war” from all sides.

2 Likes

As seen by your repeated postings of Russian state sponsored media

5 Likes

You do trust the Russian government to tell the truth. Almost everything you post is from Russian government-controlled sources.

It’s strange contrarianism. I can’t crack it but that’s what it is.