WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 1)

Interesting. This morning newspaper is still quoting Russian threats against Finland and Sweden should they join NATO.

2 Likes

After months of reporting about the brave Azov fighters in Mariupol, the media is doing their best to ignore the Ukrainian surrender at the Azovstal Steel Plant.

CNN has been calling the surrender “an evacuation”, although they recently used the term “surrender” in a headline.

For a detailed report using Russian sources see:

Perhaps the imminent surrender of Ukrainian forces in Azovstal is why Secretary Austin pleaded for an immediate cease fire during his recent call to his Russian counterpart.

1 Like

In 2008 Russia invaded Georgia and created 2 Russian controlled puppet states. Belarus is now also a puppet state of Russia. Putin eyes Moldovia as his next conquest after he takes Ukraine. Anyone who knows their history knows that England and its allies thought they could appease Hitler by letting him take Czechoslovakiakia after England’s leaders returned from a meeting with Hitler and saying “Peace in our time.”

From there everything got out of hand. Hitler invaded Poland to “free” the German residents of Poland.
and eventually the “Axis of Evil” was formed and next for the US Peral Harbor was attacked.

Is America going to go down this road again. I don’t understand why so many good conservative people in America think they can hide their head in the sand forever.

giphy

1 Like

The Biden admin should not have encouraged Ukraine to join NATO. That Gave Putin a reason to invade. This admin knew this…

3 Likes

Sad to see the unconditional surrender of the steel plant fighters.

1 Like

Putin moves more like Stalin than Hitler, I would bet no more than 20% of the population could point Ukraine out on the map in the U.S. that number probably falls to 1-2% for Moldova. I can’t stand Putin just like the majority but don’t want things to escalate to WW3 over the two poorest countries in Europe. Everyone knows Putin isn’t going to invade a NATO country and no one would lose a nights sleep outside of Moldova if they joined Russia.

I especially don’t like the way things are being handled constant escalation with a nuclear power, what since does it make to offer lend lease and then send then send 40 billion in tax payers funds to them why do they need to lease anything. I personally don’t trust Biden on foreign policy or as former Obama secretary of defense said.

"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” - Robert Gates

That’s not the guy to have to play nuclear chicken with Russia. Also Russia is not the Third Reich who took Ukraine in a month. They are getting hilariously beaten by a third rate power the Ukraine. As long as the idiots don’t get the nukes flying they are nothing more than a gas station with the GDP of Italy with horrible military equipment. How can anyone think they will attack a NATO country if they are getting owned by the Ukraine.

1 Like

perhaps being driven back from karkiv to the russian border is why the call was answered.

1 Like

pure russian propaganda ■■■■■■■■■ joining nato is what ukraine asked for. they could not however join because of the territorial dispute over crimea with russia and the ongoing separatist war fueled by russia. russia had ukraine blocked from joining nato. there is nothing that could change that except russia.

2 Likes

Yes, I expect to see those kinds of stories in the western media even when Russian tanks roll into Odesa. Kharkiv was not on the list of Russian objectives back in February. Odesa was.

Of course objectives can change, but the Russian campaign has been consistent with their original objectives.

Interesting response from China.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 9.55.23 AM

Should we support Finland and Sweden joining NATO? Or is that too provocative?

Just a complete ■■■■■■■■ excuse to rain terror on Ukraine.

The Senate is on track to pass a $40 billion emergency aid package to buttress Ukraine with weapons and other military help as the Eastern European country fends off the Russian invasion.

The chamber is expected to clear the legislation for President Joe Biden’s signature on Thursday, with no time to spare before the Pentagon said it would exhaust its power to send weapons to Ukraine from U.S. stockpiles. Top lawmakers in both parties insist the multibillion-dollar injection is just what Ukraine needs to bolster its defenses as Russia approaches its fourth month of conflict.

Without finishing the wall with Mexico this is ■■■■■■■■■

Finish the wall and send them the remainder and I am OK with it.

This will be a big issue through November.

Yes, the Washington will send billions to defend the borders of Ukraine but does little defend our own borders.

The billions spent on Ukraine are unlikely to have much effect on the outcome of the war. Russia is destroying many of the weapons long before the get to the front lines.

What Ukraine has received has been a hodgepodge of older equipment of various types. Maintaining the equipment and providing the right ammunition and supplies is a logistical nightmare. Training troops to effectively use the equipment is likewise a huge task.

The big winners will be defense contractors.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3494132-6-in-10-in-new-poll-say-sending-financial-aid-to-ukraine-a-good-idea/

McConnell…all in…

Ahead of a Thursday vote on the Senate floor to pass the aid package to send to President Joe Biden for his signature, McConnell, without calling out Republicans by name, said that “anyone concerned about the cost of supporting a Ukrainian victory should consider the much larger cost should Ukraine lose.”

McConnell said the vote will be a “big, bipartisan landslide.”

“As a matter of moral principle, the United States is proud to support a sovereign democracy and self-defense. Innocent Ukrainians have been subjected to wanton cruelty, but aid for Ukraine goes far beyond charity,” he said. “The future of America’s security and core strategic in will be shaped by the outcome of this fight. Anyone concerned about the cost of supporting a Ukrainian victory should consider the much larger cost should Ukraine lose.”

I applaud this US jobs program.

1 Like

Yes, the market for mercenaries to Ukraine is looking really good.

Plus there’s a $300/head bonus for killing Russians.