WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 1)

Where in Russia are you from?

Did Putin stick to them?

He did not

Do you report to Langley or Foggy Bottom?

Or is it MI6?

Langley

Wasnā€™t it Putin who announced that the agreement no longer existed and then commenced to invading Ukraine?

He did. He never respected them in the first place though.

. The first ā€œMinsk Protocolā€ was signed on September 5, 2014. It mainly consists of a commitment to a ceasefire along the existing line of contact, which Russia never respected. By February 2015, fighting had intensified to a level that led to renewed calls for a ceasefire, and ultimately led to the second Minsk Agreement, signed on February 12, 2015. Even after this agreement, Russian-led forces kept fighting and took the town of Debaltseve six days later.

The issues between the Russian State and the Ukrainian people go back hundreds of years. And will probably go on for hundreds more. Neither side has clean hands, Russia has always been the more powerful side in the conflict.

1 Like

Didnā€™t Putin give a speech that Ukraine was not even a real country and then immediately invade it?

Let me emphasizeā€¦Disagreeing with US policy is not being pro Putin or invasion.

Trump is what we need.

Noam said so.

Yes that happened too. But somehow Zelensky is the villain for defending his country against the invading force

I saw that clip.

What kind of peace does Chomsky think is possible in this conflict?

Everyone wants there to be an end to itā€¦ but what does the outcome look like?

1 Like

How reliable is this report? Not saying it ainā€™t so, but Twitter isnā€™t what I consider trustworthy.

And let me emphasize. That is not what he is doing. He is being blatantly pro Russia in criticizing Ukraine for fighting back. I mean how dare Ukraine defend themselves! The nerve!

I have this wild conspiracy theoryā€¦ so hear me outā€¦ Putin is an autocrat who invaded Ukraine.

Pretty wildā€¦ right?

1 Like

Trump can bring peace through negotiated settlement.

Only Turkey is even trying right now.

No. He literally canā€™t

1 Like

No he is not.

That is your opinion.

It takes 2 to tango.

The Ukrainian government ignored the agreements almost as soon as they signed them. The required constitutional reform was never enacted.

Constitutional reform in Ukraine, with a new constitution to come into effect by the end of 2015, the key element of which is decentralisation (taking into account peculiarities of particular districts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, agreed with representatives of these districts), and also approval of permanent legislation on the special status of particular districts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts in accordance with the measures spelt out in the attached footnote,[note 1] by the end of 2015.

1 Like

Insightful and incorrect in one single post.