WAPO, CNN, Brookings, CheckYourFact.com, Politifact agree: Biden claim that billionaires pay only an 8% tax rate is false

Washington Post: “Two Pinocchios”

CNN: "Biden used the 8.2% figure in a way that was misleading. . . . not based on the way the US tax system actually works "

Brookings: “Biden’s numbers are way too low,”

Checkyuorfact.com: "Misleading

Politifact: “False”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/23/biden-keeps-saying-billionaires-pay-8-percent-taxes-not-really/

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/politics/fact-check-joe-biden-state-of-the-union/index.html

1 Like

Face it…it’s only newsworthy when clueless Joe doesn’t lie.

4 Likes

Biden’s claim is based on the fact that we don’t charge taxes on stock profits every single time the market rises. We don;t count every stock market wiggle as income.
He counts every wiggle as gain and calls it “untaxed income.”

Crazy thing is: he actually proposes charging taxes this way.
Under the Biden’s crazy proposal, taxes must be paid on unrealized capital gains.
Every time the stock market wiggles up, people will owe taxes.
(Pay 10% this time. Pay another 10% next time, and pay it again if the market bounces again.)

But don’t worry, about the double, triple or quadruple taxes. It will never ever apply it to you and me. It will only to rich folks. You can trust them on that, right? This time they are being honest, right?

Well, government needs some villain to tax because they sure as ■■■■ won’t slow down spending even after surpassing 100% debt to gdp.

since when do villains pay anything?

My Opinion:
Lib policies don’t work. they are bad for the economy and bad for America.

Demonstrated fact (not opinion):
The American people don’t want Lib policies whether they work or not.
This is demonstrated by the fact that Libs have to lie to get them passed.

This is not a lie about “Jan 6 was an insurrection and Trump organized it.”
This is not a lie about “The economy is doing well.”

This is a lie about their ideas their proposals, their plans, the things that make Libs feel they are smarter than everyone else. Like an auto mechanic who tells you you need a new transmission, they are lying and they cannot sell their ideas without lying about them.

4 Likes

throne of lies

They destroy liberalism. The intent.

2 Likes

This is why we need a national sales tax. Even villains buy houses, cars, etc.

National sales tax to replace income tax makes sure all that under the table income pays it fair share.

Bet you would never get a refund when the economy goes down either.

The top 1 percent pays about 40 percent of the federal income taxes.

Biden and the woke libs never mention that of course.

Kills their narrative.

You’d think Biden would know better since he pays less in taxes on his untold millions than we do at the sales register. :rofl:

2 Likes

What are his untold millions? You obviously don’t like lying so you can back this up right? :slight_smile:

Did someone lose their (D)umbass attention-starved child again? :rofl:

3 Likes

And the bottom 40% pay nothing.

3 Likes

Does it? Like in england?

What has the UK got to do with this?

You.

I completely totally agree with the idea that a National Sales Tax of some kind should replace part of our current tax system.

The sad reality is that it would be added to our current tax system and so I am not sure I would support it if it were eve offered in Congress.

3 Likes

Biden is a liar. It’s amazing how many fools have yet to realize or admit that.