Wall Street journal editorial board asks a question to republicans

As far as the states go. All battleground states had a higher democratic share % wise
Save for Florida and Ohio.

The Biden pulled down a majority of votes compared to 2016.

Trump was a major drag % wise.

Allan

1 Like

Today’s right wing that dominates the GOP is far more unified and in lockstep on message than the Democratic Party.

Democrats have their fault lines too, which for now have been hidden by the fact that the right wing is such a monolithic enemy.

If the GOP splinters, the Dems will too.

Oh and by the way, the nation still is dominated by more center right people than the left leaning…if a true left wing agenda…or even one that looks like one…is pursued vigorously, there will be backlash.

It is a reactionary time right now.

So what you guys turned out for John McCain and Mitt Romney in just marginally smaller numbers.

Y’all will vote for anyone who has the Republican presidential nomination. Let’s not act like there’s some kind of principle or “policy” behind it.

2 Likes

BUT, there is a whole round of redistricting coming up, AND over 150+ and counting voter suppression laws among the various states

I may end up being apocalyptic in my prediction, but I am telling you, now is no time for complacency

Republicans are getting quite good at keeping power despite being a minority party

Yeah, not believing in democracy anymore is a big advantage in a democracy.

Remember, not five people here truly believe Trump won. They just wanted him to have a second term because that’s what they want and pretending he was robbed is a convenient excuse.

3 Likes

That is just not true

1 Like

Nah. The swing regions of battleground states are but lot the nation.

Large swaths of cities are left leaning. It’s the rural areas that are right leaning. Hence the true battlegrounds for the heart and soul of the nation are the burbs.

Allan

Especially when you poll on issues instead of affiliation.

This is the reason transgenders are such an issue. They don’t have gays to kick around anymore. And the only thing the right likes more than grievance politics is culture war.

1 Like

Census delays until September, who knows how that will effect redistricting for 2022

Allan

I think our definitions of center-right might be different.

I doubt Trump would run again he would be 78 and everyone knows that’s to old for such a position.

1 Like

Well except for the 7 senators who voted for conviction on impeachment.

Compare that to the unified stance by the dems on that issue.

Allan

You can’t find a rational answer… because true love is irrational.

Trump fans, really love him.

To our detriment. Less time means less time to review and contest them

Lol.

Remember how that breaks down.

5 of the 7 either not running again or not running until 2026.

One who’s the GOP’s go to for “let her be the one that proves the GOP doesn’t March lockstep”.

:rofl:

I’d be interested in a thumb nail sketch if you’re willing

I can’t move on past a fraudulent election and it really is just that simple.

1 Like

Thought you guys said he would definitely be in jail by the next election? If so, problem solved.

1 Like