Virginia Governor Race

Voters and the media have been rewarding toxic politics by both parties for years. Politicians talk about unity during campaigns and then do the opposite when they get elected. We need to hold them accountable.

That’s a problem, I also think men get screwed in the justice system compared to women.

The toxicity I am referring to is not limited to politics.

The media in this country is a problem

1 Like

I mean, we have Black safe spaces…a lot of people want more segregation.

About what? Washington?

Thoughts on this take?

In the final weeks of his campaign, Youngkin focused almost exclusively on attacking lesson plans about inequality. He hosted multiple “Parents Matter” rallies, where attendees could gather to express outrage over school curricula. And last week, his campaign released an ad featuring a white mother who fought to have “Beloved,” Toni Morrison’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel about slavery, banned from her son’s school district.

The Youngkin campaign discovered that this contingent of angry, willfully ignorant white people was the key ingredient needed to elect a GOP governor in Virginia for the first time since 2009. We can expect more Republicans to try the same gambit as we inch closer to next year’s consequential midterm elections.

Evil. Invite them in then deny them a living. Pure evil.

1 Like

I would have to agree with that. The MGTOW movement is BS though. A lot of them generalize all women as bad and then make situational exceptions for themselves.

That said: men’s issues are largely ignored in society, because there are still certain societal beliefs against men and we have 4th wave feminism running rampant.

Both are extremes and both are wrong.

I seen you spent little time writing this post. :wink:

2 Likes

Society is definitely getting more toxic and I mostly blame the Internet followed closely by media. But without canceling free speech I’m not sure what we can do about it. Politicians, though, we have control over, and we should all vote the toxic ■■■■■■■■ out.

Imposition answered by resentment. Over and over.

You run with that elitism/snobbery. It’s been a hit so far.

Cut off the reason why they illegally cross the border and that would slow down significantly overnight.

The exit door is always open… nobody is keeping illegal immigrants here against their will.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the use of “ignorance” is incorrect, and mostly used for shock value. I think it’s more accurate to say Youngkin intentionally appealed to the fears and emotions of white voters to win the election. It’s presumptuous to say those fears and emotions derive from ignorance.

Brace yourself. We are going to be taking about waaay more now. It is all so stupid.

1 Like

Ja’han Jones is The ReidOut Blog writer. He’s a futurist and multimedia producer focused on culture and politics. His previous projects include “Black Hair Defined” and the “Black Obituary Project.”

Crit garbage

3 Likes

You don’t know the reason and you won’t listen. They aren’t you or even like you.

1 Like

A “parents bill of rights”? What in the hell does that even mean? Good lord. Wait until people find out about the PTA.

Maybe they will propose that the school curriculum will be set by some sort council or board that can be elected from the local and state populace.

That would be a Revolutionary idea.

1 Like

Before the left went woke

March 27th 2006

Liberal Nobel prize economist Paul Krugman says we need to face up to the facts on immigration:

“If people like me are going to respond effectively to anti-immigrant demagogues, we have to acknowledge those facts.

First, the net benefits to the U.S. economy from immigration, aside from the large gains to the immigrants themselves, are small. Realistic estimates suggest that immigration since 1980 has raised the total income of native-born Americans by no more than a fraction of 1 percent.

Second, while immigration may have raised overall income slightly, many of the worst-off native-born Americans are hurt by immigration — especially immigration from Mexico. Because Mexican immigrants have much less education … they increase the supply of less-skilled labor, driving down the wages of the worst-paid Americans. The most authoritative recent study … by George Borjas and Lawrence Katz of Harvard, estimates that U.S. high school dropouts would earn as much as 8 percent more if it weren’t for Mexican immigration.

That’s why it’s intellectually dishonest to say, as President Bush does, that immigrants do “jobs that Americans will not do.” The willingness of Americans to do a job depends on how much that job pays — and the reason some jobs pay too little to attract native-born Americans is competition from poorly paid immigrants. Finally, … our social safety net has more holes in it than it should — and low-skill immigrants threaten to unravel that safety net. … Unfortunately, low-skill immigrants don’t pay enough taxes to cover the cost of the benefits they receive.”

Now if you read his and other liberal economists they are singing a different tune about the same problems with immigration now we all of a sudden need more and it’s not so bad.

1 Like