Vaccine-Resistant Lambda Variant is in The U.S

FDA approved yet?

I know we keep hearing about Pfizer might be close, but why aren’t Moderna and J&J just as close?

All rhetorical questions to you sneak.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if it was 770%. That was a pathetic effort.

1 Like

Yeah it was pretty pathetic.

So pathetic it didn’t work.

I had assault weapons all during that time period as I am quite certain most Americans who wanted them did.

The only ones that “suffered” were a couple of gun manufacturers.

I know…I know…”trial run”.

1 Like

Sure you did. You probably don’t realize it wasn’t just “assault weapons”.

1 Like

“Assault weapons” and certain “high capacity” magazines.

All of which were available.

There were no weapons or accessories that were available before the ban that weren’t available during the ban.

One of the reasons it didn’t work.

Yes, the Biden variants are rapidly wiping out the benefits from the vaccinations.

Will the FDA formally approve vaccines with effectiveness in freefall?

New data from the Mayo clinic shows the Pfizer vaccine is only 42% effective against the Delta variant. Newer variants are likely to be even better at bypassing immunity from the vaccine. For details see:
Does Israel’s experience show that the Pfizer vaccine should be withdrawn from the US? - Politics - Hannity Community

1 Like

Genomic sequencing decodes the coronavirus’ complete set of genes and searches for new mutations. It also matches known variants”

Allan

Don’t you know only positive things come across the border? We all have to simply ignore that the countries that these people are coming from are crime infested poverty stricken ■■■■ holes. Also, aren’t you aware that migrants can’t spread COVID?

3 Likes

Oh Jay, now you’re just being silly.

Yeah I know. Who’s doing it, who are they doing it on, what samples are they using? That kind of thing.

No you’re being overly fearful.

That’s really the only correct response at this point. I don’t know why it would even be debatable.

3 Likes

Oh they got quite a menu list Six.

The WHO encourages everyone to use these new names to prevent discrimination and stigma. The names will replace informal place names for four variants of concern and six variants of interest – but the scientific letter and number labels will remain in use by scientists.

Variants of concern

• Alpha: Kent – B.1.1.7
• Beta: South Africa – B.1.351
• Gamma: Brazil – P.1
• Delta: India – B.1.617.2

Variants of interest

• Epsilon: US – B.1.427 & B.1.429
• Zeta: Brazil – P.2
• Eta: Various places – B.1.525
• Theta: Philippines – P.3
• Iota: US – B.1.526
• Kappa: India – B.1.617.1

1 Like

All within the first year or so, eh? I wonder how many variants it will spawn within the next 20 years? It’s not just in humans either. :thinking:

1 Like

You © already did it once, although I doubt you were old enough to realize what was done.

1 Like

I know.

Don’t forget your mask. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Maybe it’ll spread to cats and dogs so when we’re in line for our free annual booster shots, our pets can come along too? It can be a national holiday.

:man_shrugging:

The Greek alphabet only has 24 letters, and with the lambda variant we have already used 11 of them.

When will Greeks complain about their alphabet being associated with all these variants?

3 Likes

Maybe we should start naming all these variants after exotic foods from the regions they originate from?

:thinking:

I suggest that all the variants from Delta onwards be referred as “Biden variants” since Biden’s federally subsidized open-border policy has done so much to distribute them throughout the US.

4 Likes