Vaccine-Resistant Lambda Variant is in The U.S

Yeah I know. Who’s doing it, who are they doing it on, what samples are they using? That kind of thing.

No you’re being overly fearful.

That’s really the only correct response at this point. I don’t know why it would even be debatable.

3 Likes

Oh they got quite a menu list Six.

The WHO encourages everyone to use these new names to prevent discrimination and stigma. The names will replace informal place names for four variants of concern and six variants of interest – but the scientific letter and number labels will remain in use by scientists.

Variants of concern

• Alpha: Kent – B.1.1.7
• Beta: South Africa – B.1.351
• Gamma: Brazil – P.1
• Delta: India – B.1.617.2

Variants of interest

• Epsilon: US – B.1.427 & B.1.429
• Zeta: Brazil – P.2
• Eta: Various places – B.1.525
• Theta: Philippines – P.3
• Iota: US – B.1.526
• Kappa: India – B.1.617.1

1 Like

All within the first year or so, eh? I wonder how many variants it will spawn within the next 20 years? It’s not just in humans either. :thinking:

1 Like

You © already did it once, although I doubt you were old enough to realize what was done.

1 Like

I know.

Don’t forget your mask. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Maybe it’ll spread to cats and dogs so when we’re in line for our free annual booster shots, our pets can come along too? It can be a national holiday.

:man_shrugging:

The Greek alphabet only has 24 letters, and with the lambda variant we have already used 11 of them.

When will Greeks complain about their alphabet being associated with all these variants?

3 Likes

Maybe we should start naming all these variants after exotic foods from the regions they originate from?

:thinking:

I suggest that all the variants from Delta onwards be referred as “Biden variants” since Biden’s federally subsidized open-border policy has done so much to distribute them throughout the US.

4 Likes

They could set up stations at Petco. :laughing:

1 Like

I dunno man, we could probably blame Trump for this since the vaccinated people are the ones spreading it now. lol

2 Likes

Of a course every COVID variant is a Xi virus.

Will they eliminate the Greek letter Xi from the list of variants to avoid confusion?

1 Like

America be like Pokémon cards with the covid variants must collect the whole set.

Pikachu!!!

2 Likes

The Peru Flu

The Machu Picchu Flu

Sendero Lung-anoso

The Cusco Cough

The Inca Incubation

3 Likes

What’s done is done. Assigning blame isn’t helping to get covid under control.

Allan

All the frat parties are super-spreaders!!1!!

3 Likes

:rofl: That is astounding! And all the while blaming Trump for everything.

8 Likes

covid doesnt get “under control”.

it’s like a cold, and the flu. it’s here to stay. there will be endless variants

the rest is pure politics

2 Likes