US trade deficit jumps by the most in 3 years

The U.S. trade deficit increased to a five-month high in July.
Exports of soybeans and civilian aircraft declined and imports hit a record high, suggesting that trade could be a drag on economic growth in the third quarter.
The Commerce Department said the trade gap jumped 9.5 percent to $50.1 billion, widening for a second straight month.

Yikes.

Fake News.

I got here first.

I was here first!

Trade deficits are FANTASTIC!

That is my truth.

Increasing the trade deficit is just Trump’s eleventh dimensiony method of decreasing the trade deficit …

Time for more subsidies! And another tax cut! And while we are at it let’s pull out of the wto and also, move the fbi hq to a trump tower!

So much winning!!!

God we are suckers.

Trump is cool?

2 Likes

Trade deficits are easy to win… and Trump my friends is winning like no one else! Can’t you feel all that winning, heartland America?!? Can’t all you soybean farmers, factory workers, pig farmers, and steel workers feel those heftier paychecks?!? Can’t you feel all the increased hourly wages?!?

â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  winning!!!

Higher deficits…

Outta control spending…

Subsides…

Trade deficits…

Trade wars that we are losing…

â– â– â– â–  yeah!!!

Who the ■■■■ cares…Trump is president and Trump is cool!

Who knew trade wars could be so complicated??

shocker…

You have to expect in the beginning that the trade deficit will go up.

But soon all those other nations and blocs will be knuckling under to Trump’s demands to not only drop tariffs that hurt the US, but force their residents to buy US products.

Then the trade deficit will drop like crazy.

Just like the tax cuts will start paying for themselves as the economy takes off like a rocket…but you have to expect early massive deficits.