US Republican Delegation Met With Sanctioned Russians In Moscow

They arent even trying to hide it anymore…what a sad state of affairs to be reduced to Russia’s bitch

In a meeting with the Duma, parliament’s lower house, Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama reportedly told Duma speaker Vyacheslav Volodin, “I’m not here today to accuse Russia of this or that or so forth. I’m saying that we should all strive for a better relationship.” Volodin has been sanctioned since 2014 for Russia’s “illegitimate and unlawful” activities in Ukraine.

Asked for comment by BuzzFeed News, Thune’s office sent a press release distributed after the meetings that suggested the senator had taken a tough line. “During our meetings, we stated in no uncertain terms that Russia must stop its meddling in our elections and that its destabilizing actions in the region are not without consequence. The delegation also stressed that Russia respect the sovereignty of Ukraine and help bring about a peaceful resolution in Syria,” the release read.

But one member of the congressional delegation questioned the usefulness of the sanctions. Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin told the Washington Examiner, “You do something and nobody ever sits back and analyzes, 'Well, is it working?’ And I think you’d be hard-pressed to say that sanctions against Russia are really working all that well.”

Have you seen how Russian state media is portraying the visit? It’s pretty funny.

MRGA!!!

10char

Time to lift the sanctions and recognise the Crimean peninsula as Russian territory, that’ll play well in the current environment :laughing:.

Graham must be close to having an aneurysm over this one.

Ron Johnson is a total idiot who never should have been near to toddling around in Russia. !!!

They all want to get in on that Russian money

Say MRGA phonetically with a bit of haste…

2 Likes

It’s so perfect that these ■■■■■■■■ decided to spend the Fourth of July in . . . Russia. Like: if you wrote that in a script, it would be too on the nose.

1 Like

And Russian state media is portraying them as spineless cowards coming to Russia to beseech Putin for help for it too.

Been a tough couple years for the people who write political thrillers, that’s for sure.

I know everything’s a rhetorical question at this point, but: How the actual ■■■■ do they get away with this ■■■■■

1 Like

This isn’t so different than the last time they thought the rules of politics didn’t apply to them and they could, what’s the quote, “create their own realities,” circa 2002.

Let’s Make America Russian Again…errrr … I mean … well, never mind…

1 Like