Uh oh! Competition for the 'Rona Narrative!

It would become the first oral antiviral for Covid-19 if approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization.

Oh how I hope that rate climbs north of 90% with use.

Wonder how long it will take to get permission.

I read that article. Promising.
On a side not the next article down referred to the mandate as an “ incentive of employment”.

1 Like

This is good news.

The more effective treatments, the better.

5 Likes

Good news? Hell it’s great news.

One more bullet in the covid gun.

Allan

Are you allowed to type “gun” in New Jersey?

5 Likes

I was wondering why Merck was so quiet on 'Rona.

1 Like

Lol. Metaphorically yes.

Allan

Pfizer also has a pill in testing.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-initiates-phase-1-study-novel-oral-antiviral

1 Like

these pharmas are making a killing on this man made/enganced virus

1 Like

Copy ivermectin mechanism for disruption in a new drug, price difference, 26 dollars for ivermectin, 700 for molnupiravir.

3 Likes

Capitalism is great. Right?

Allan

Capitalism? Is that what you call it when the government prints money to buy things from companies?

1 Like

nor sold on ivermectin; however there was a story about two weeks ago about another drug, plentiful, been around about 40 years. mechanism described was similar. was supposedly starting testing

Big difference being is that Ivermectin is worthless when it comes to treating Covid.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between that and printing money to prop up Wall St.?

The MoA of Merck’s drug and the purported MoA of ivermectin against the virus aren’t the same at all.

1 Like

I agree, silly thread title aside.

Not sure what it has to do with narratives or how it’s even competition. Looks like an alternative to getting a shot to me.

It’s not an alternative.

It’s another medicine to add to one of the layers of defense.

1 Like

So you get the shot AND take the pill? I wasn’t getting that from the article.