U.S. lawmakers unveil bipartisan bid to ban China's TikTok

Your talking gibberish. Unless I am mistaken the new push to ban Tik Tok is coming from Republicans not dems. So how is Biden a hypocrite on this?

Now if someone presents evidence as to why Tik Tok should be banned then that needs to be reviewed but I cannot see why Tik Tok is a national security issue.

I think it’s pretty clear: just the title.

He was right about the flights coming in from China…his “ban” as implemented was woefully inadequate because it didn’t stop anywhere close to all flights, and it left the door to Europe wide open.

And when he finally closed the door to Europe, the exception of that door slamming created superspreader events at every major airport that accepted overseas flights.

It’s not the idea but the execution…

The Democrats having sold themselves to the ChiComs, OTOH…

I guarantee that over the years both sides have fed at the trough of money put down by the Chinese as has American business.

This silliness is why we can’t have nice things…

Charlie Trie and monks who took a vow of poverty laugh in your general direction.

I just saw a video the other day of someone going through TikTok’s Eula.

Basically by clicking “I agree” you’re letting TikTok monitored everything your phone did, even down to what apps you have and what keystrokes you input.

IF that summation is accurate, those two things alone tell China what bank and financial institutions you use, and what your passwords are. Don’t think they are currently “using” that information, but it appears everyone has given them access to it.

I think a new TikTok needs to be invented… one from a non enemy country that has a reasonable Eula.

Pretty much all EULAs have the consumer giving up all their rights. Its not exclusive to Tik Tok.

I honestly don’t know, but do most give access to all keystrokes on the device? I’d be surprised.

Apple doesn’t allow this level of privacy invasion it Android does. I wouldn’t use tik tok on android.

For reference. It was Joe Rogan I saw discussing it.

In fairness, many of the things he lists as “crazy” really are not if you think about them. He mentions screen size and resolution…… well TikTok is a video app. Kinda hard to play a video if the app doesn’t know the size of its screen or resolution.

But then there were other things in the mix that literally did seem nutts to include.

If all the forces that worked against him…hadn’t…it’d be a different story. When Nancy runs down to Chinatown to make a spectacle against what Trump implemented and almost the entire MSM jumps on board and sheoplizes the nation against it, it does make implementing it much more difficult.

1 Like

I’ve been posting this for a while … should I update it as below?

life ← you → your phone (and the ChiComs too)

Choose wisely.

I will choose my phone. The Chinese are welcome to my life.

Yeah. Remember when the restrictions were xenophobic and opposed because: Trump?

1 Like

I value being unreachable. I won’t carry a phone even if the feds lawlessly demand I do.

What are you on about mate. The feds are not going to mandate that everyone uses a smartphone. Thats the stuff of right wing fantasies.

I said “even if”.

And there are Lefttards wanting constant monitoring, just as there are ash hole bankers in the Fed who think authenticating every transaction is what banks should be doing.

Right on! :fist:t5:

And the same government who used Twitter.

These ass hats have no business banning anything.