U.S. lawmakers unveil bipartisan bid to ban China's TikTok

Is a printing press a physical product? What about banning printing presses (back in the day when that was how most media was passed).

You would have some ticked off teens and below, for sure.

Could the US ban newspapers from China from being exported to the US?

The printing press produces newspapers.

I think theyā€™re going the route that itā€™s spying on American peopleā€¦not much different than what our gov is doing. Only American gov can spy on us. :wink:

1 Like

Ban Tik Tok?

Isnā€™t this Deja Vu though? :thinking:

1 Like

When Trump attempts to ban Tik Tokā€¦itā€™s a baaa, baaa, baaad idea.

Then comes Brandon

Nowā€¦itā€™s a good idea again. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

It seems to be a good idea among Republicans.

Maybe Trump was right about those flights coming in from China too butā€¦too late now.

Brandon and Brandonites are calling the shots nowā€¦comprende non comprende? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

You didnā€™t read your article, did you?

1. Trump was using an executive order, currently it looks like a law will be passed via congress
  2. Biden wanted a more thorough review of the app

So it seems like Biden didnā€™t necessarily disagree with Trumpā€¦ he just wanted to make sure he had a valid reason and that it would not violate 1A.

I donā€™t think it would violate 1A. But Iā€™m open to debate

ā€¦and Brandonites provide the Brandonsplenation of Brandonmentia. I like it. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Itā€™s in your article you didnā€™t read

Keep eatingā€¦and regurgibleating the new narrative while I just lay out the boring truth. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Itā€™s not my narrativeā€¦ itā€™s in your article.

Do you actually read the contents or just the title?

2 Likes

Trump was right.

Good way to acknowledge it.

And if he didnā€™t initiate it based on personal reasons we wouldnā€™t have so many teen girls contemplating suicide. But alas he Trumped it. Again.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhā€¦thatā€™s the libsplanation. Got it. Cheers! He was right again. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Yes yes everything is _____splaining and only you true analysts and seers know the truth

I am very happy you guys are so self confident. Proud even.

It should have been dropped.

Itā€™s not a good idea now.

Itā€™s crazy that they want to deploy emergency powers to stop people from voluntarily downloading an app.

1 Like

Section 230 needs to be revisitedā€¦desperately. It was created by people who had no idea the future of social media and how it would effect the internet years later. Now that they can look at it with greater accuracy, rewrite the law.

1 Like

When it was created they had social media like websites and apps. AIM, ICQ, Message Boards etc.

What specifically needs to change in section 230?

1 Like