Tweet post rules

Many times, you’re ■■■■ outta luck. I have been. Strong drink soothes the pain.

But it’s easier and I WANT IT!

MANAGER NOW!!!

Johnny got to post his link! WHY CANT I POST MINE?!?!?

2 Likes

No problem. I just offered an opinion, wasn’t making a complaint.

2 Likes

Is this the ruling?

Tweets don’t require synopsis?

Sorry, but the board doesn’t revolve around you.

Is this not the forum to ask for clarification of the rules to avoid stepping on a land mine? Why is everyone so bent about this?

I seem to remember having a thread knocked out for starting it with a tweet.

I am asking if that is a rule. I believe it was suggested it was, but it is not in the rules post. I would like to start a thread with a tweet, but not if it’s going to get deleted.

If it is allowed, I am wondering if commentary or synopsis is required.

If it is required of an OP, I am wondering if it is a requirement of all tweet posts.

I ask because the rules don’t clearly spell this out, but I remember having a tweet related thread deleted.

It was probably something tweeted by some goofball. Mod discretion. If you’re looking for a hard fast rule to something subjective, good luck.

1 Like

Ask the mods

Are you sure?

1 Like

I did. But thanks for chiming in and joining the discussion. You add a lot.

Anytime.

■■■■ Twitter. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hold on…can we link to the tweet if we paraphrase/give a synopsis of what is said? Similar to a Youtube video.

(Referring to the specific scenario that Jimmy mentioned)

is the tweet original content or is it commentary on other original content?

if its original content, its no different than any other source; however, if the same content can be had from other media sources, they should be used, (expect scrutiny)

is the tweet from a public figure or some random schmoe?

internet influencers do not count as “public figures”, people who’s fame is followers do not count. if your fame is followers, you are just another schmoe and schmoe can join the forum if schmoe wants their opinion posted here.

as with any OP, commentary and synopsis are required. if the tweet has neither, its just posting someone else’s opinion. If someone else wanted their opinion posted here, they can join the forum.

tweets posted without commentary will be deleted. i know this is difficult, but its your opinion we value, not the one you were supplied with.

finally… with all that said… content matters. does it add to the discussion or is it remote control trolling? is it informational?

6 Likes

The rules of service will be followed. Post your own thoughts, not other people’s. Expect twitter links used to be scrutinized closely. Can’t speak for @Ben_Natuf and @STODR , but I don’t use twitter, and you can expect my threshold for what constitutes a prominent person to be a high one.

3 Likes

Thank you - very helpful.

Thanks - very helpful.

Wait. Who are the mods now?