Tucker Carlson thinks tacos are not Mexican, but American

“We are so poor we don’t even have our own language. Just these outrageous accents!”

Just as what we call “Mexican” food is hardly Mexican. Hence why you have certain restaurants that add the word “authentic” implying they are serving something other than the Americanized version.

I’m just glad the Iranians invented milkshakes.

You’re having some kind of weird, nuance based semantic argument. When in reality all this was was a rich white entitled conservative sounding like an ■■■■■■■■

Sure, Tacos are part of american culture, but they sure as hell are part of Mexian culture as well! Using his argument, budweiser is mexican.

You think tacos are a critical asset?

Duh yeah. :taco: :us:

Yes, Tacos are amazing. Burritos too.

Tucker is confused. Tacos are Mexican food.

I’ve always thought the burrito was an American food. I mean, it literally translates into little donkey. I don’t think mexicans named that

1 Like

She saved france. Julia Child was a bad ass.

1 Like

It’s more the other way around.

Burritos and other soft tortilla fare are more traditional Mexican. Crispy corn tortilla shells may not be.

Apparently what we’d call soft fish tacos were being eaten by Aztecs. It should also be noted that versions of this food were known north of what would thankfully be called the border too, long, long before the 40’s when crispy tocos were first described and popularized.

Which brings up the point: in y’all’s PC zeal who do you think you are to be dissing the Pueblo people? For instance. It’s pro-Mexican cultural bias.

Mexican food was being eaten in what is now the US for more than 200 years before any of our English Ancestors first set foot on the continent.

The hard shell corn taco originated in the American SW, not Mexico.

Tucker Carlson also believes California is the poorest state in the Union. I wouldn’t take anything he says serious.

Are you sure he didn’t say it had the highest poverty rate? That’s different than saying it’s the poorest.

The “Taco” has existed since before America and Mexico existed.

Food is important part of culture.

The hard shell corn tortilla taco hasn’t.

How many millions of Mexican immigrants do you need before you can eat tacos?

None at all. We had Tejanos as citizens (who fought for independence too) even if there’d not been even one legal immigrant to enter either the Republic after Texas Independence. Likewise the people who came with California.

… and that is if we allowed that we should play the Left’s cultural appropriation rules even a bit, which we shouldn’t. A proverbial Scottish-Korean should be able to open a Mexican food stand to serve tourist to Skara Brae if he wanted with no recriminations.

Oh, well that’s… uh, serious. I was being more light hearted.

There’s one angry face at every party.

1 Like