Trump's Rose Garden presser today-eminent domain?

Today, Trump mentioned using eminent domain in the construction of his border wall. Is this the first time he has threatened that? I imagine that would be very unpopular in Texas. Also- do we really want to cut ourselves off from the Rio Grande?

So not only is Mexico not paying, Trump wants to take people’s land to build his stupid wall?

Great!

1 Like

Paid for by other taxpayers… everyone is getting screwed

Listen to the advice of the border patrol and build the wall where ever they deem necessary.

1 Like

Sounds a lot like his promise that he builds great walls and Mexico is going to pay for it by stealing peoples land and cutting off water access across the border.

This sounds very much like his mouth writing checks his ass can’t cash

3 Likes

The money saved will pay for the wall every year there after making it an excellent investment.

You mean the over 600 miles of fencing that we already have that is strategically placed where it is needed?

Sure we should shore up whatever is needed. That is completely different from a 2000 mile contiguous wall.

He’s such a great president. I especially like how much thought he gives to major issues. You can tell it’s been well-searched and he’s listened to his advisers and other people who know more than he does.

How many illegal immigrants would have to be prevented from entering with the wall for a positive ROI? Keeping in mind that the wall will not prevent anyone from applying for asylum and do nothing to alleviate any costs of those already in the country.

Just listened to the moron in chief lambasting a women with “you don’t know construction”…

His point was that “steel is stronger than concrete”, as a weak response to her asking about his ever changing definition of what his wall is.

The guy doesn’t even have a clue about areas he is supposed to be “expert”. He obviously sat his fat ass in an ivory tower his whole life and doesn’t even understand construction basics… all concrete structures of any significance are reinforced with steel , steel is frankly the whole foundation of concrete construction…

God I hate this man.

4 Likes

Or the ones who cone here through front gate and overstay visa( which is the majority)

Fascinating. Lol

I’m continually amazed how many folks here have such little understanding of illegal immigration and how a stupid wall will not stop illegal immigration. Hell, it doesn’t even address the primary reason for illegals being here.

Build a wall and all the money we save will pay for everything. Lol. Fascinating

Therein lies the rub, no?

He also said “I never said the wall would be made of concrete.” He said it 4 days ago.

“An all concrete Wall was NEVER ABANDONED, as has been reported by the media,” Trump said on Twitter, without mentioning his outgoing chief of staff, John Kelly.

2 Likes

That was like…almost last year man, get with the program

3 Likes

I think that the Democrats should call his bluff and tell him to do his “emergency measure” and stop the shutdown so people can get back to work and being paid for work.

1 Like

So called conservatives are actually putting their trust in government to build a 2000 mile wall across the border?

The task alone is gargantuan

Do we get to apply this rationale to the EPA and myriad other government agencies re: climate change? Should we do whatever they deem necessary? If not, why not?

4 Likes

Who cares if that part of the government stays closed until we have a new President? The wall is that important.

2 Likes

eminent domain? what a novel idea…

every democrat can turn their homes into shelters for illegal aliens…

wait…