Trumps legal team appears to be operating partly in the dark

Not just among Trump-haters. But also among people working closely with him, both current and former employees. Of both his time in office and his time with the Trump Organization. Also among biographers who have spent countless hours with the man. The consistent theme from everyone who has had long, direct access to Trump is that he is a moron. It extends well past those who just oppose the man.

Did you read Woodwardā€™s book?

I have it on Audible and have not had the chance to listen yet.

You didnā€™t weigh in on the topic of the thread. You attacked the people discussing by with the the boring HAIR ON FIRE, TRUMP HATE OMGOMGOMG business.

Thatā€™s not what I either said or made a case for. I made a case for actually participating in a discussion, not posting whining hair on fire posts because you donā€™t like what is being discussed.

Your posts werenā€™t expressing an opinion, they were fanning flames of partisanship.

Iā€™m chomping at the bit to discuss the book with someone who has read it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know you are. I wish Iā€™ve had the time, but alas, life and whatnot. :slight_smile:

Hopefully in the next week or so.

But isnā€™t that what forum discussion is all about? Partisanship.

In regards to my original post, it was removed by the mods, which is fair. The ā€œfrothy froth; frothā€ meme is getting old.

Iā€™m not attacking any individual with my responses (at least Iā€™m trying to refrain from doing so). Iā€™m simply summing the NYT article as a rehash of the same stuff we have heard repeatedly. I refer to that behavior as Trump-hating.

Letā€™s say itā€™s true.

So what?

Thereā€™s a difference between discussing a partisan topic, and fanning partisan flames by deliberately NOT discussing the topic.

Then consider discontinuing perpetuating it.

Then consider regurgitating the froth business in the comments section of the article. OP gave a fair topic to discuss.

This is why I miss the old boardā€¦we could just put people on ignore and call it a day.

1 Like

LOL! Baltimore Oriolesā€¦

2 Likes

ā€¦and one by one, facing the prisoners dilemma of not wanting to be the last to break, the joint defense deals are starting to collapse.

Rudy spent all last week telling the public, but more importantly those on his JDA that manafort would only agree to not talk about the president or campaign. We learned Instead that manafort was doing his proffer about everything at that moment. Which has to make everyone on the JDA real suspect about what Rudy thinks he knows.

1 Like

I have the book sitting on a coffee table, but no time to read it yet. [eta: Iā€™ve listened and watched a couple of interviews with Woodward about the book.] But we could discuss anyway.
Whatā€™s your take? Just a bunch of Trump hating from disgruntled ex-staffers and various never-Trump deep staters?

Fair points. Iā€™m already thinking about how I will move forward with these kinds of threads in the future.

2 Likes

I would prefer to discuss the book with those who have read it cover to cover. Iā€™m hoping we could dedicate a thread to that discussion. Once I get feedback from those who have completed the read, I can start a new thread if that is acceptable.

An interesting take. Me personally, I would prefer to get the full context of a conversation. Putting those who might rub me the wrong way on ignore, would make that difficult.

Not just Trump. Republican Media has mastered that technique.

The longer the Mueller investigation goes and the more Hail Marys that Trump and his team throw, and the more people get indicted, the more weā€™re going to see threads derailed almost immediately. We just all need to get use to that.

It also avoids getting into trouble with the modsā€¦