Trump's hypocrisy re: masks

Did The Expert tell him we can handle it? Did The Expert tell him he didn’t need to lock down travel from China? Did The Expert tell us all we didn’t need masks?

I’m sure Trump took what was said and added to it when he repeated it.

Two things to remember:

1. Trump is not The Expert
  2. Trump was not managing the response, Fauci was. Full authority. Due to his expertise.

In Eastern Europe, real men never wear masks.

Now…

It reflects on you and me even worse; the amount of time we spend trying to understand this man! I need a better hobby.

That one is a fact. It needs to be done correctly, but it needs to be done and pretty quickly.

Much like vaccines, if only the consequences of not wearing a mask only affected those who refuse.

Science has a dynamic aspect to it. But we, me included, want them to be gods. Especially doctors. ‘What do you mean you don’t know?!?’

1 Like

Not for me, I’ve watched it 1,000 times. I just have to be patient enough to let it play out and not jump to conclusions.

Most people don’t care what actually happened.

There’s the rub.

Trump has done nothing correctly since the initial outbreak. Abject failure of leadership.

1 Like

True. Very true. And on their side, they are loath to admit they don’t know.

Way to much faith in High Modernism. Give me my pill.

1 Like

And there’s your bias.

1 Like

He’s a follower not a leader. A very insecure man who cares deeply what people think of him. Even though I don’t find this change of direction to be authentic, but if it was his supporters are going to be like, “Ok…we can wear mask now because Trump said so”.

Sheeple gonna sheep.

True.

There’s my opinion, based in what Trump has said and done since the initial outbreak. Your opinion may vary.

What he has said about masks all along has been consistent with the CDC guidelines as issued by Fauci.

You’re far more patient than me.

:grinning: I’ve had to learn to be, I wasn’t when I was younger. And not rush to judgment.

We probably commit as many fundamental attribution errors as we are susceptible to confirmation bias. If not more.

1 Like

He deferred to expertise and it bit him in his big ass.

Indeed. Understanding why I believe what I believe has been a multi-decade effort. Have made some progress. Then Trump comes along and every flippin’ button is pushed. Buttons I thought I’d deinstalled long ago.

:rofl: Yeah, he has that effect. He’s a wrecking ball. He actually surprised me some after he got elected. I still can’t stand him as a man.

1 Like