Trump's hypocrisy re: masks

From the Notice of Retraction at your link:
"A big problem with this study was the peculiar interpretation of the results by the authors. Their results, given in log copies per mL, show that surgical masks reduced median viral emission by 27.5% and cotton masks reduced median viral emission by 80.4%. Just the fact that a reusable cotton mask was more effective than a manufactured surgical mask was news worthy by itself. Instead, the public was misled to believe the masks were totally ineffective.

It is hard to understand how the authors deemed that an 80% reduction of viral emission constitutes an “ineffective” intervention. With 80% reduction of viral emissions writ large, tens of thousands who have died of Covid-19 might be alive today. Cotton masks have never been promoted as 100% effective, not even N95 masks are. So setting that up as a rigid pass-fail metric was misleading and has endangered public health by obfuscating important degrees of efficacy"

^
I believe the OP knew the status of the linked “study” and was providing a vehicle that allowed that study to be shown as worthless.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

All that proves is that the deep state got to the Annals of Internal Medicine.

Irrelevant with out 100% protection masks don’t work obviously!

Wow - eleventy dimensional.

1 Like

Seatbelts dont work!
GfAD7Bl016Gfm

2 Likes

Stellar, Trumpian logic.

3 Likes

In a nut shell

1 Like

Not all opinions are created equal. That is for sure.

You are all ignoring what Fauci said about masks, to be expected considering all the other lies.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fauci+said+masks+don't+work&view=detail&mid=BF844178F9236C103E25BF844178F9236C103E25&FORM=VIRE&PC=MOZB

That happens when people ignore facts.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fauci+said+masks+don't+work&view=detail&mid=BF844178F9236C103E25BF844178F9236C103E25&FORM=VIRE&PC=MOZB

Mask studies aside, it’s clear Trump is speaking to the few who think masks are unnecessary, then says he’s pro-mask to the sensible majority whose votes he needs, then contradicts himself, then contradicts his original contradiction, then blames Fauci, then blames Obama for ‘stopping testing’.

Steady, calm, assured leadership.

5 Likes

I take you for a parody so I’m not going to get overly deep into the weeds a hoppin’ with you, but you realize:

• that video came out in May, and scientific conclusions by their very nature change as new data becomes available. Did you hear the part where Fauci said “right now?”
  • literally NO one disagrees with the fact that a mask is not providing “perfect protection.”

If a mask provides some degree of protection for others in the event you are infectious but asymptomatic, why wouldn’t you want to give wearing a mask the benefit of the doubt for the sake of protecting your fellow Americans? Trump recently said it’s the patriotic thing to do - has he succumbed to lib propaganda?

2 Likes

Trump’s our Gibraltar of logic, consistency, and compassion. Our favorite president, Him!

(disclaimer - I don’t actually believe this)

1 Like

Stop wasting my time Masks don’t work as Fauci said!

I disagree. I think the President lost all confidence in The Experts in April. I think he is very disappointed in the results they led him to expect.

Unfortunately he holds a grudge to the extreme. He needs to accept that they are not what they are held up to be and do what he can to improve the situation.

I think he’s aggravated with his advisors who insisted he listen to The Experts and of course he thinks, with hindsight, he “should have followed his instinct”.

I can see him fighting himself to keep from raging about it.

It was a clown show and it reflects on him bigly.

1 Like

I know, I should’ve known better. Carry on! :star_struck:

You should know the real experts post on this forum.

Were the experts telling him this pandemic was no worse than the flu? That it would magically disappear? That we should inject disinfectants into the lungs? That people were wearing masks as a criticism of him? That states needed to lift their lockdowns and get businesses and schools reopenedm

Trump’s presidency is dying by a thousand cuts, all of them inflicted by his favorite president, Him.

2 Likes

Masks don’t work yet the Surgeon General, the CDC, the medical community, the science community, most in government and business are begging us to wear them.

It’s not even a good conspiracy theory as the ‘conspirators’ have no unified interest perpetrating the myth. Unless they’re just bored.

1 Like