Trump's brilliant solution to the illegal invasion

Simma down. If you were down there guarding the border, would you shoot someone who was not attacking you? No you would not. What makes you think our troops would? Our troops are not going to execute anyone. But they will fire in self defense if attacked. But nobody will attack. That would be suicide.

They are very unlikely to be anywhere near any place an attack would occur…

Pentagon rejected request for troops to act as emergency law enforcement at border

I was making a joke about what Trump implied. Of course no one will shoot people who are not attacking them. Trump may want that to happen, but it ain’t gunna.

Do you like the idea of telling people that they will not be considered for asylum unless they report to an authorized entry point? Border crashers will not be tolerated?

I don’t have an issue with asylum seekers if they follow a proscribed process. That’s what it’s for.

8 U.S. Code § 1158 - Asylum

(a)Authority to apply for asylum

(1) In general
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

That would seem to be a DIRECT violation of federal law…

Crashing our borders is also a direct violation of federal laws.

You appear to be reading 8 USC 1158 differently… How could an asylum seeker “crash our border”? The statute is pretty clear, you may apply for asylum anywhere on the border…

Yes, it would appear that the law needs to be changed instead. I have no idea how or why they ever countenanced accepting an application for asylum from anyone who illegally enters the country.

Sounds like a great issue for the next congress to work with the president to address… In the meantime, I and others, will expect the president to fully execute federal law or we will see him in court…

If they surrender themselves to the Border Patrol as soon as they see them, why does it matter to you if it’s a “point of entry” or not?

Have they actually been doing that? I’m pretty sure that the border patrol is not being sought out by illegals.

Would you please read the post to which I was responding?

Getting real tired of people responding to my posts when they obviously haven’t read them.

Me too. I’m tired of people making people mistakes.

That’s the problem…they are full of why can’t we just…solutions. It’s not always that simple

Yes it happen every day

The invasion of 600 people who will get their claim approved, the sheer terror.

Talk Radio Conservatives are just plain terrified of anyone who isn’t exactly like them.