Trumps administration pandemic response

You’re probably right.

Many secondary infections as a result of viral infections are bacterial.

Here’s to hoping, but I wouldn’t set expectations too high on the vaccination front yet. There will be a lot more effort put into developing one than Ebola though.

This is the 2nd day where more cases were announced outside of China than inside, and apparantly a woman in Japan appears to have caught it a 2nd time. Neither bodes particularly well.

I had like disease. It was horrendous. Worst thing I ever had. ■■■■■■■ petting zoo in NW Wisconsin.

Same here except I came down with strep at least three times a year for many years.

Which, I now know affects your heart.

But, hey. It was what it was.

Unless you’re over sixty and in poor health you have little to worry about.

There are at least 4-6 companies that are ready or near ready to start human trials.

I have every confidence we’ll have a vaccine in wide distribution by fall.

Every report I have seen is 12-18 months, which is already incredibly fast in respect to any other vaccine.

Where are you getting almost half that from?

I’ve already posted the links and stories several times.

Oh i’m not personally worried at all, i’m not anywhere near the risk group.

But i’m more pessimistic about our long-term prospects. I think our chance at containing it in China is past, or we’re just about to pass it.

And the economic hit is going to be a nasty one.

They’re already successful in making chickens zombies, shouldn’t take much to do the same with humans. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We passed that point as soon as the first case turned up outside of China back in December.

I am not digging for some random links, the CDC has said 12-18 months, even for the new mRNA vaccines which are untested.

Are they lying?

That is exactly it. Well stated.

Nothing random about them. I don’t give a ■■■■ what you look for but I have provided the articles.

Nah, one case does not an outbreak make. Now we’re getting more cases outside than in.

It’s going to make travel a nightmare.

One case outside of China means it’s not contained in China.

Sure.

And you can find information on your own as it becomes available and make your own decisions.

For instance, it was initially thought to come from the Wuhan market. We now know that isn’t the case.

So, post what you think is interesting and ask for feedback. There is one hell of a lot of talented and informed people on this board.

You are much better off listening to your gut than you are to listening to politicians.

“Dear Leaders” or the government isn’t going to

This isn’t some movie where they bypass testing.

Is the CDC lying?

And that’s what you said, “contain it in China”. That dog got loose in December.