Trump unveils Middle East peace plan with two-state solution, tunnel connecting West Bank and Gaza

Colloquially expressed, but essentially correct. It is a point I have made repeatedly. Todays extremist Leftist care nothing for facts,. truth, or what is right; they are ideological human weapons of a movement to overthrow America and western traditional values in general.

1 Like

I’m just taking a realistic perspective here. Consider the United States as acting like an arbitrator here. If you’re the Palestinians, you know the United States has NEVER had the backbone to speak or act against Israeli interests…whether it’s at the U.N., in Congress, or elsewhere. So if you know the arbitrator has always helped advanced the interests of the other side, why in the world would you accept an “agreement” brokered by them, without any input from you? This is a thinly veiled distraction from domestic issues for both Trump and Netanyahu imo.

1 Like

How do you suppose that this is a peace agreement when the Palestinian state rejects it. What is it peace between the US and Israel? Piece between Israel and Israel. If the Palestinians don’t sign onto this accord, where is the peace?

Best president ever?

The only truth here is that the agreement is a pie crust agreement. Easily made and easily broken.

You don’t even have agreement from one of the two sides at war with the other.

Really?

I would love to see the President, any President, move the issue forward to start resolving the conflict.

Since the Palestinians have had zero input into this agreement, I doubt that this will work.

If it does I will gladly give the President kudos.

Well seeing as Israel is voting to annex more lands this weekend, I’m thinking this wasnt a very serious offer of peace, now was it?

1 Like

Progressive Jews are also condemning it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/progressive-jewish-groups-dismiss-trumps-middle-east-peace-plan-as-utterly-bankrupt-and-a-sham/ar-BBZpDQ2?ocid=spartanntp

1 Like

Why is that? Its not Palestinian land so why should it mater?

I’m fascinated by the “tunnel” from the West Bank to Gaza. Has anything been put out on the logistics of building this. I’m guessing its about thirty-five miles, maybe forty, from Hebron to Gaza City. Has any tunnel of that length ever been run under a land mass? Maybe. I truly don’t know.

In the 90’s, when there was serious discussion of a two-state solution, and Rand Corporation was pumping out studies on how to make a Palestinian State economically viable, the assumption was a high-speed rail link would connect the West Bank to Gaza. I wonder why the shift?

Do you have any Palestinian friends? Do you know a single Palestinian?

If the land belong to Israel why do they need to Annex it?

1 Like

The palestinians would reject any plan that doesn’t push Israel into the sea imo.

I agree. I give Trump credit, but it means nothing if Palestine is…

1. Not involved in the development and structuring of the plan, and
  2. Not in agreement.

Dead in the water.

Palestine isn’t interested in peace. Neither is Iran and some other countries in the region.

I suspect they will still be fighting when God returns.

1 Like

Whens that happening

Jesus said that no one knows but God. He did say it would be like a thief in the night. When least expected.

Take the religious, “God promised this land to Jews thousands of years ago” out of it.

By what right, except that of conquest, was a Jewish state created where it currently is situated?

Right of conquest, and of terrorism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/assessing-role-of-terrorism-by-jewish-underground-in-founding-of-israel/2015/03/13/9ac811fe-b938-11e4-9423-f3d0a1ec335c_story.html

One might argue that the Jews who immigrated to Palestine (over the objection of the Palestinians, who lived there) did exactly what the US is now trying to prevent Latinos and Hispanics from doing - coming to the States in such numbers that they’ll eventually outnumber the native-born Americans, and thus be able to create their own state.

In 1918, the Jewish Legion, a group primarily of Zionist volunteers, assisted in the British conquest of Palestine.[154] Arab opposition to British rule and Jewish immigration led to the 1920 Palestine riots and the formation of a Jewish militia known as the Haganah (meaning “The Defense” in Hebrew), from which the Irgun and Lehi, or the Stern Gang, paramilitary groups later split off.[155] In 1922, the League of Nations granted Britain the Mandate for Palestine under terms which included the Balfour Declaration with its promise to the Jews, and with similar provisions regarding the Arab Palestinians.[156] The population of the area at this time was predominantly Arab and Muslim, with Jews accounting for about 11%,[157] and Arab Christians about 9.5% of the population.[158]

The Third (1919–23) and Fourth Aliyahs (1924–29) brought an additional 100,000 Jews to Palestine.[146] The rise of Nazism and the increasing persecution of Jews in 1930s Europe led to the Fifth Aliyah, with an influx of a quarter of a million Jews. This was a major cause of the Arab revolt of 1936–39, which was launched as a reaction to continued Jewish immigration and land purchases. Several hundred Jews and British security personnel were killed, while the British Mandate authorities alongside the Zionist militias of the Haganah and Irgun killed 5,032 Arabs and wounded 14,760,[159][160] resulting in over ten percent of the adult male Palestinian Arab population killed, wounded, imprisoned or exiled.[161] The British introduced restrictions on Jewish immigration to Palestine with the White Paper of 1939. With countries around the world turning away Jewish refugees fleeing the Holocaust, a clandestine movement known as Aliyah Bet was organized to bring Jews to Palestine.[146] By the end of World War II, the Jewish population of Palestine had increased to 33% of the total population.

Nice attempt at deflection. Do you dispute the Palestinians would reject anything other then the destruction of Israel?

They are hardly the good guys.

So you’ve got nothing then…cool cool.

That didn’t stop Trump from inviting the Taliban to Camp David. Why not at least reach out to the Palestinians?