Trump to Pardon Dinesh D’Souza

It’s probably good that law enforcement/investigators are seeing how Trump is gonna play this. That way they can pass the charges down to the state level for those that broke state laws.

That way the president can’t stop law breakers from being held responsible for their crimes.

1 Like

Good point.

Thank God. I loved “Stars and Stripes Forever”.

He deliberately set up straw donations to conceal donating five times the legal limit. “A small amount” in this case is $20,000 over the limit. He pled guilty and served time in prison because it was very clearly a felony and he had no reasonable argument otherwise.

They definitely do not. I’d say more than “scratching an itch” he is sending a signal to certain people that he’s happy to give pardons for public corruption, election law violations, and lying to the FBI.

I thought I saw that he served no prison time.

Obama actually went through the establish vetting process in the Presidential pardons office.

lol okay guy

Just double checked and it was eight months in a “community confinement center” I guess, so technically not prison. Basically a jail with work release.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2014/09/23/dinesh-dsouza-avoids-jail-time-get-five-years-of-probation-for-campaign-finance-violation/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d8b258db24ea

Basically Trump saw something about D’Souza on FoxNews and said “That guy has been treated unfairly.” Then he tweeted about pardoning him.

Our President ladies and gentlemen.

(applause)

2 Likes

If justice was really blind and equal the likes of Bill and Hillary Clinton, Obama and other DNC/GOP politicians would be convicted of violating campaign finance laws & in jail. D’Souza should have been fined for a misdemeanor based on the small amount of $$$ involved. JMO

Whataboutism was a populat ploy the soviets used to deflect any criticism.

He should be pardoned, his prosecution was entirely political in nature.

Good for Mr. Trump.

He plead guilty. But yeah, it’s not his fault.

More team play. Red swamp. Blue swamp. My swamp is color blind. I’ll pardon everyone

Of course he did, you’d need millions of dollars to be most federal charges and even then you’re probably going to lose and get the max in return.

Or he was guilty. Knew he was guilty. Took the deal that he was offered. Knew that the likes of you would accuse liberals for his ■■■■ up.

2 Likes

Your opinion is noted, Roxiebell, attorney-at-law.

Not surprising.

1 Like

The only reason he was investigated was his politics. Don’t pretend otherwise.

2 Likes